Micra 2002 Remote central locking not working…

Hi Guys,

I’ve just bought 2002 Micra it has central locking that supposed to be remote, but it dosen’t work. Car starts fine and all doors get locked / unlocked when I use key.
I would like to fix it myself as main dealer and local Autolocksmith want well above £100. Extra problem I have is that buttons on the remote are worn out and it really hard to tell when you press them if they actually work.
I tried to reprogram remote with procedure I found on Internet where you turn key in on position for 6 times andthen have to click buttons on the fob. Here is procedure I followed:

Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

Problem I have is that I don’t get one hazard light flash from step 7.
I’ve noticed some sort of click after step 6. I have a feeling it might not be just the remote but probably something with receiver in the car…

I think I might have used programming mode too many times and it get locked.
Does any one know if there is a way to reset central locking bit?

I am trying to find new key on eBay to see if it will help and solve my problem but I have a strong feeling it might not be just the key but also receiver or something else in car itself…

Do these receivers get faulty quite often?
Where is it actually located in the car? (I might try to get one from scrap yard)

My car key looks exactly like this one but heavily worn off and has part number Siemens 5WK4 865
bnkczyw2kkgrhqqheyetrqy.jpg

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Back