remote central locking and security w/turbo timer

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Hey guys, I'm trying to sort out remote entry on the micra, so far it doesn't even have central locking.

So I think I have to get a central locking kit installed and then get a remote kit. Is that right?

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
You might need to buy a kit that has a built in turbo timer as most immobilisers will cut fuel which will turn the car off and not work with the turbi timer.

My skyline had one where the turbo timer would run, then it would cut fuel

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i doubt if a front mounted turbo needs a timer personally pierce, they,re more suited to one mounted at the back of the block. or a scoob type/heat shielded confined in a corner of the engine bay type surely ?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
ur probably right frank, but I definitely want an alarm kit w/ immobiliser. The fact that it comes with a turbo timer is more of a wank factor thing, but at least I'll know that if I really push the turbo for a spin, she won't suffer oil coking...

EDIT: just purchased a python alarm kit w/remote entry, immobilizer and turbo timer. It even has remote engine start (but I have no fudging clue how this works physically... will be interesting to sort out if I feel like more wank factor inclusion haha)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
heh :)
my actuator bracket is welded onto the turbine housing eh, and it still has,nt melted the nyloc nuts, (maybe it will mid summertime)

Attachments

• 83751.jpg
    83751.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 45
Back