Remote Central Locking indicators problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demarest

Ex. Club Member
HI

I Have installed my remote central locking kit but i am haveing a problem with connecting it to the indicators.

The output on the Control Box for the indicators is 1 pink wire

I have tryed connecting it to the Flasher Unit under the dash but all that does is light the oil+battery light when i activate the central locking.

I have tryed wiring it directly to the hazard warning switch, and all i can get is either it flashing the left or right indicators, not both.

I have also tryed spliting the wire so that it activates both left and right indicators, It works, BUT if i move the indicators stork either Left or Righ it switches on the hazard warning lights instead of just one side.

Can any one help?
Thank You.

:k11motors

I'm afraid i cant help you but i was looking at installing remote central locking myself. Can i ask if you had central locking before etc? and was it hard to do, what sort of work is involved?

My car didnt come with any type of central locking before i bought it ( i own a 1994 1.0 L-Model 3-door )

I used a Microscan Centrel locking kit + remote upgrade
It cost around £100, i reckon it was worth the money

Its not that difficult to install, its just time consuming setting up the acculators rails + rods + pushing wires through the door into the car (its a lot of trail and ajustment)

What i had to do:

Remove door cards, speakers + plastic cover.

First i had to bend the rails into shape to hold the aculators in place so that they did not get in the way of the door cards.

Then i had to bend the rails so that they are parallel with the Lock/Unlock Rod.

Then i threaded the wire's though each door into the car (via the hole behind the kickpanels) using the existing speaker wire grommet in the door and an unused grommet on the door frame

The i had to run a wire directly from the battery through the firewall, underneath the dash-board into the control box.
(suprisingly, this was the easiest part!)

As for the Remote unit, i just had to run a wire from the battery to the Remote unit, then attach the two wires to the Centrel Locking Unit.

I had to sand away some paint behind the left kickpanel for an earth point.

I still have to wire the kit to the indicators, and i still got to hide the control box and tidy up the wires inside the car

It cost around £100, i reckon it was worth the money

The only additional things i had to buy were:

2 metres of wire (about 30p a metre)
10 Amp + 15 Amp Fuses (my own fault) (about 45p a pack)
Spade Conectors (about 75p a pack)
Blade Conectors (about 75p a pack)
Cable ties (allready had them, but a pack of 100 from pou
ndland works well)

Tools i used:

Various Screw Drivers + socket set
Stanley Knife + insulation tape
Pliers + Crimping Pliers
Sharp Pointer ( for pieceing holes in grommets )
A pieace of string and screw ( helps with pulling wires through the doors + wiring to battery

If you want a more in-depth guide with pictures, i'll make one (may take a while)

Can any one else help with my indicator wiring problem?

ive got a microscan kit fitted to my car i wired the indicators up to the hazard switch i had the same problem. there should be 3 grey wires on the hazard switch and u need to use 2 of them get a test light and use the indicator stalk to select left and right and use the wires that flash

So i have to split the pink wire and attach it to the Left + Right indicator wires on the back of the Hazard switch?

I have 8 wires going into the back of my Hazard switch.

For some reason after installing my Central locking kit, my radio stopped working properly.

Did you have to use diode's?

Do you have a picture?

Thanks

nonsense, run that pink wire trugh the grommit in your passenger side footwell, run it aloing the side of the engine bay (cable tie it) and then to your headlight, Once its there, find the indicator wire (think its grey but might be wrong) Simple to test, put your indicators on, get your circuit tester and then test the wires, you will know you hit the indicator when your circuit tester is flashing lol. Then just scotch lock your pink wire into the indicator lead. Problem solved,. its a bit fiddle but easy enough. You only need to do one indicator coz theyre both wired up anyway - Left will be easier coz its closer to the grommet

Cheers ben, i'll give it a go when i finish uni for my easter holidays.
So all i have to do is wire it to one indicator and it'll flash both sides (sounds simple enough)
I'll let you know how i got on.

Richards i'll take some pictures of where i mounted the acculators, then i'll email them to you and i'll post them here, but i have to wait till next week end to take the pictures as thats when im not busy and when im getting my car ready for the M.O.T.

I tryed running it to the left indicator wire and only the left indicator flashes.

I then tryed running a wire from that to the other indicator as well, it worked but, then i tryed my directional indictors, and no matter if i try and indicate left or right it flashes both sides.

Any ideas?
Thanks...

p.s. still working on the pictures, havnt forgot!

my kit came with two brown wires for the indicators, you need to isolate them so that they don't light each other via the pink wire... the only quick way i can think of doing this is by having two relays and then use the pink wire to acctuate them...

Hi Demarest,
I have just purchased a universal remote central locking kit for my K11, so any advice, where to locate the solinoids, pictures, etc would be much appreciated - email to [email protected] - many thanks etc

wat i did for my alarm was take the side repeaters out then pull the plastic panels off in side the car on the drivers side looked at the colour wires on the side repeater and jus found them under the plastic bit inside the car and joined mine there worked fine argh no worrries jus getting wat u mean u only have one wire to use for the indicators right so u need to find a way of geting both lights on hmmmmm strange one

Hi Demarest,
Unfortunately I can't access that link any chance you can email the detail it would be much appreciated, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back