Relocated the Oxygen sensor

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Well the st has broke a few of these now from what I can only guess is heat,so before the the turbine wheel gets a taste of lambda a relocated it to the down pipe

DSC00051-1.jpg

DSC00052-1.jpg

did ya weld it in yourself mate? thats cool!

the one i took out was original from what i could tell and pretty crusty

i think i posted a pic of it up on here, the sensor is after the turbine isn't it? just on the backside of it? i haven't looked close enough!

do you get original gaskets when you change all this stuff?

did ya weld it in yourself mate? thats cool!

the one i took out was original from what i could tell and pretty crusty

i think i posted a pic of it up on here, the sensor is after the turbine isn't it? just on the backside of it? i haven't looked close enough!

do you get original gaskets when you change all this stuff?

The old gaskets are ok to use,the oxygen sensor is before the turbine standard not safe with the boost I'm running!
I got a guy to weld it in,he's an Austrailian as a matter of fact!

This is the first thing I say to anyone with an ST. Barry the turbo I sold you had a bung to move it after the turbo, did you not use it?

Anyone who leaves the lambda in the oem location is crazy especially if they up the boost.

I learnt this the hard way and totally destroyed my first turbo, when it ate the lambda sensor.

Ed

This is the first thing I say to anyone with an ST. Barry the turbo I sold you had a bung to move it after the turbo, did you not use it?

Anyone who leaves the lambda in the oem location is crazy especially if they up the boost.

I learnt this the hard way and totally destroyed my first turbo, when it ate the lambda sensor.

Ed

No I only got the chance to do it recently

Back