Relay headlights

Firstly, my husband's asking me to ask ths, he knows more about cars, but I know more about computers! So my query is coming via him....I know nothing about cars.

We've got a 1996 2 door Micra and the last couple of days the front headlight went. We've got a Haynes manual and he went through it, the Haynes said it's something to do with the relay switch, but it doesn't explain properly where the relay switch is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Firstly, my husband's asking me to ask ths, he knows more about cars, but I know more about computers! So my query is coming via him....I know nothing about cars.

We've got a 1996 2 door Micra and the last couple of days the front headlight went. We've got a Haynes manual and he went through it, the Haynes said it's something to do with the relay switch, but it doesn't explain properly where the relay switch is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

right, so you have a k11 micra,

is it both headlights or just one? the k11s have a common fault where the plug melts usually on the passenger side. you need to replace the entire plug AND bulb.

i don't think there is a relay for the headlights, there is two fuses in the engine bay, one for each side, but the only relays in the car should be in the engine bay. there is a relay in the back for the rear wiper and one down by the kick pannel for the fuel pump, the rest are in the engine bay so have a look there.

but if you could explain a little more about the problem, what is the car not doing?

Back