Problem with automatic headlights

Hi chaps!

I've been reading this forum actively and it's been a real help to me repairing my Micra. There's only one thing I haven't been able to solve after searching and reading a lot of posts. That being the automated headlights which should turn on when the car's running. OK, I got the right headlight on when I ignite the car but the left (driver's one) is off. The left one still turns on normally, when I turn on the light switch next to steering wheel.

Since I'm thinking of installing DRL's, I'd rather want the automated headlights OFF when the car's running. If someone would be so kind to post an electrics diagram for the lights part, so I could connect the DRL's with a NC-relay, so that the DRLs would be on automatically when the car's running and turned off when I manually turn the headlights on.

I have a Haynes manual for the car, but take a guess is it with me right now when I need it the most... :)

First of all, thank you for your total lack of any help.
Secondly, I found out from Haynes' service manual that there is a god-awful invention called dim/dip-unit near the in-car fusebox
which seems to be causing these sorts of problems during aging. There's some rewiring and soldering to do to bypass that unit...

I've only just seen this, sorry! To be fair, I'd only have given you the page number for the wiring diagram in the haynes...

Back