rebuild or replace

Burfy

Ex. Club Member
This is more of a personal opinion thing. I'm curious to see who would rather rebuild the current engine they own, or go out buy another one with low mileage and plunk it in themselves. Personally I'm leaning towards rebuilding just for the sheer money factor and simplicity, but I'm also liking the looks of the sr20 engine (I'm power hungry fyi!)... haha.... The other thing I was wondering was, can I look at my pistons without damaging seals and whatnot (this is the inexperienced Canadian retard talking) I wanted to see if there was any sludge build-up or decay/rust w.e you wanna call it, and what exactly would I have to do to gain access to that area... Sorry if this is a really easy/stupid question, bear with me :wasntme: Thanks in advanced!

tbh if your not a competant mechanic id say buy a low mileage scrap engine, ive just finished rebuilding my engine and without my father (whos a trained deisel fitter) it would have taken me months! although it took long enough anyway!

ok, what if i just want to clean it... is that possible? or do i have to rebuild it... and it looked like replacing the engine took longer than rebuilding! but again, that's inexperience speaking.

Back