Rear Window Heat Strips

Hi All first time posting.

I bought myself an old N reg K11 Micra with lots of TLC needed so i'll be on these forums quite a bit :grinning:. For my first issue, the rear window heat strips does't work. Physically the strips look fine so I'm thinking it could be a blown fuse maybe? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for the reply,

I don't have a voltmeter :( the heating elements look to be making solid contact but I'll check again tonight when I check the fuse. Is there anything else I can check? Wanting to do some troubleshooting tonight :grinning:

Sorry maybe I should post this in a new thread but my rear reverse isn't working either, I've put a new bulb in and it still doesn't work, will this be down to a fuse as well?

Ok I've look at the wires and their connected, fused looks to have blown so I've replaced it with a new 15v fuse but the light doesn't come on....could it still work with that light off? I haven't had the weather to test it fwn

Ok so I've tested this with bad weather now, not working. Maybe something to do with the wiring? What can I do to test the strips without a voltmeter? The connections look good.

Back