Rear washer issue

Afternoon guys/girls,

Got an issue to pick your brains on...

Somewhere in my boot door the washer jet pipe has torn/come off so when I try to wash the rear window instead of coming out of the boot it drips down all over my parcel shelf.

How do I get inside the boot door to see what's going on with the hose? Looks like it just goes into a hole from the body and comes out at the jet with no access.

Cheers,
Ryan

There are little oval grommets in the corners of the boot lid removing those will get you to the pipe. Still not a lot of room to work but its enough to jiggle things. :)

If its popped off the washer jet, which is most probably whats happened as they can block up if not used for a while. You can use a foot pump attached to the jet and apply gentle pressure and it should eventually clear...oh and dont look at the jet nozzle while you're at it lol.

Thanks for the reply :)

I'll have a look for these grommets tonight, having to flick the switch quickly to just wipe the window without the dribble is getting old!

Actually thinking about it iirc the holes i used for access were also the spoiler mount bolt access holes. So failing that the larger grommets for the heated rear window or the really small grommets should get you where you need.

Tbh i'd usually just start taking bits off until i found what i was looking for :D

Thats the plan! Just wasn't sure if I was being stupid and missing some easier way of doing it.. Doesn't sound like the case :(

If there is i didn't notice it before :D

You could start at the jet end and pop off the connection, you might not need to go too deep into it before you fix it.

Thanks for your help buddy! Popped out the grommets and the hose pulled straight out so fed it back through and reconnected it and it works a treat!

Back