Rear Wash check valve location.

The rear wash pump motor runs (1999 1.3 cvt micra k11, 34,000 on the clock) , but nothing comes out of the rubber pipe when detached from the rear screen nozzle. The factory manual has a nice picture of the check valve, but doesnt give the game away by telling you where - in 12 foot of pipe run hidden behind all sorts of stuff- it is located. Any clues?....

If I need to remove the front right arch liner (to get at the wash bottle & pumps) , how do I do it? - take the wheel off and then...?(cant find that in the factory manual either).
Cheers

There's half a dozen fixings holding that liner on along with some screws and a bolt. The fasteners have a central part that pops up with a flat driver, then you can pull out the whole fastener. Its right behind the bumper the washer bottle.

Wow, thanks for that, very helpful; a picture is worth a thousand words etc. Shuttle valve and non return valve quite clear there. Now to summon the will to skin my knuckles the next dry weekend. May try sticking a vacuum pump on the pipe to see if I can shift the blockage that way first.

Next figure out why the remote locking lock pimple locks, then immediatley unlocks, the doors ,why the unlock pimple does nothing and why the courtesy light ignores the (working) door switches, but can be turned on at the roof switch. I havent driven this car in 4 years (its v reg) and I am sure the cabin light used to fade out when the doors were shut, or something.

Back