Rear Stub Axle

Snikty

Site Supporter
I need to replace mine or get it straightened. Would anyone know someone that could ship one to Australia?? The preference would be to put a straight one in rather than straightening the existing one.

Cheers

Haha, nothing. It just wasn't as noticable until I got the susp fixed up. It's pulling to the left a fair bit, we're in the process of fixing up the steering rack now but it looks like the axle is also an issue...fulcrum are able to striaghten it for me but my mechanic wants me to try and source a new one if I can.

I think I might have to get a second car as a run around soon... Knowing me I'll just get something else that will be a drain on my pocket... in fact it would, coz I know exactly what Id want to get lol.

nooooo no second run about car, no good... fix what you got, cars are meant to be driven... holing them up in the garage kills them and kills the fun you get from them

especially since it didn't cost you many thousands in the first place and its value will (probably) increase just drive it and enjoy it :D

new tie rods made my steering much better i hope your mechanic isn't milking you for every penny trying to make a 20 year old car perfect!!

Yeah the garage is killing the fun for me atm...I just had 5 weeks holidays and no car the whole time :(

I hope he's not trying to milk me either, but at the same time I do want to get it to as close to perfect as I can...and he knows that. And I really want to get a smooth ride before I start looking at getting more power out of it.

yep fair enough! just remember a car becoming a money pit is determined much more by the owner than by the car!!

That is true.

However, getting things fixed up properly the first time so they become easier to maintain is a solid investment into your car. And I think rare imports should be owned by people who are willing to put the money into keeping em mint.

I also think there is a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from knowing that it is a 20 year old car that is near perfect in its set up.

It's a fine line though.

true, although i was thinking the other day if someone smashed into mine, it would be instantly written off, even a minor incident because of lack of spares

its a fine line from that perspective too, maybe not as much an issue if you aren't battling sydney city traffic on a day to day basis!

that said, if i ever don't have an undercover garage to put mine in, i'll sell it... i couldn't watch it rot outside

Yeah I had a friend who restored a datsun 1600 only to then end up rolling it. He was more upset about the car than his broken spine...pretty awful on all accounts.

OK I figured I wouldn't have much luck with getting hold of one but thought I may as well ask just in case.

I've arranged to get it straightened now. Should be nice once it's done.

it'd be the same as a normal K10 part i presume, tried all the pom auto wreckers that are on ebay? or even just thru these forums?

thats where i'll go if i get desperate for any common part

I'd say you're right, smidge.

When you say through these forums do you mean posting in the wanted section instead of here?? I'll try that next time I need something.

yeah man no one reads this really, the general K10 section or wanted bit would be the way to go!

Back