Rear strut troubles

CMF_Micralife

» CMF Member
Ok so I'm putting my bc coilies in today and already I have hit a bump! The bolt on the top of the rear strut will NOT come off I've got it all the way to the top (nearly off) now it just won't go any further!

Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks
Micralife

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
Micralife WROTE:

"Ok so I'm putting my bc coilies in today and already I have hit a bump! The bolt on the top of the rear strut will NOT come off I've got it all the way to the top (nearly off) now it just won't go any further!

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Micralife

Try winding it tight again then cleaning thread and undoing again

CMF_gee-aye-dee

» CMF Member
pliers to grip the flat bit at the top of the shock shaft (or an appropriately sized spanner) while you undo the nut with another spanner. i generally use a ratchet spanner

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
Or if you're at the very end and can't get a spanner or anything onto the flat bit at the end of the thread then:

- as mentioned before, wind the nut back on and make sure the thread is clean
- grip the shaft with your hand (do NOT use any tools to hold the shaft)
- use an impact driver with a deep impact socket to remove the stubborn nut

It's not exactly healthy for you to expose your body to that sort of shock for too long though, so use this method at your own risk. I've never had any issues though. So far...
The impact drivers torque is obviously applied in pulses, so your hand strength is enough to hold the shaft still and there will be plenty of torque to remove the nut.

Back