rear lights, issues!!

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
ight ive been having this problem for a while. basically my led supermarch rear lights keep popping fuses. i know the dash lights share the same fuse so i unplugged the rear lights and the fuses stopped blowing so i know it aint the dash lights. ive checked all the wiring in the back and resoldered and taped up any joints. ive cleaned up the earth in the back and re-attached it. ive looked at the fuse box and checked underneath it (only because my bro had a problem with a broken wire under his fuse box) and all that is okay. ive also checked the voltage goin to the lights and its fine.

can anyone suggest anything else or how to find what the problem is?

cheers people

some thing is drawing to much current, try get a amp reading from the rear lights when they are connected to see how much they are drawing, maybe you will have to put a bigger fuse in to account for the led lights current draw over the standard lights

do they blow as soon as you put in a new fuse or when you are doing something specific like braking?

at least your rear lights don't make the fog lights come on when you brake!! damn my crappy wiring lol :D:D

if i remember correctly the illumination wire 4 head unit is the same thing cuz if u wire headunit wrong n flick light switch it pops that fuse...dunno how it can help but just some info lol

mine was doing the same thing and it turned out to be the front sidelight connectors being corroded that was causing the problems.

they blow as soon as i swith my lights on. hmm my headunit still works when the fuses are blown, yeah ill try to get an amp reading and compare to standard. yeah ill check the othe light connectors as well.

cheers people.

This sounds exactly the same as what I had with my new golf headlights, turned out that the metal bits inside the indicator bulb holder were touching blowing a fuse everytime I indicated.

Not if it helps but I tried.

sounds like what i had when i flick the switch the head unit doesnt stop working cuz its the lights fuse but i just disconnected the wires n reconnected n they ended up being fine...weird dodgy electrics lol

something is earthing out fella so its protecting ur wiring getting damaged by blowing the fuse.

ive no problems with my led rear lights anyway.

Back