Parking lights and dashboard lights dead

I installed a new radio yesterday :grinning: - since then my front and rear parking lights and speedo panel backlights do not work :( . I have checked the fuses visually and look ok. Not sure which fuse is the one that controls these lights. It is a Micra 1999 model 1 liter. Any advice?

thanks

Hi there, i've fitted many stereos in the past and never had a problem until i fitted one to our 1993 Super S. I had a similar problem to you. The stereo worked fine until we came to use the headlights a few days later. After the lights had been on for a few minutes we lost the dash lights and the tail lights? I found that a fuse had gone but had to check them all to find out which one was gone as i initially assumed it would be a headlight bulb. As this problem kept occuring i had to build a new earth cable for the stereo. I realise the 1999 car is probably wired differently but i hope this can help.

Mark

hi mate, i had a similar problem recently... all fuses seemed fine, but when i double checked i found the "tail lamp" fuse in the engine bay had a tiny crack in it, this for some reason is the same fuse used to power the dash lights, its a 10amp one, hope this helps bud.

Ours went more peculiar. I'm no electrician but after i fitted the new earth i decided to re-trace my steps and wire the old earth to the new earth. I did this just incase the old earth was bad and other components may struggle at a later stage. As soon as i wired the earths together the fuse blew the second the headlights were turned on? I amended the wiring to run the new earth on it's own and all has been fine since.

I installed a new radio yesterday :grinning: - since then my front and rear parking lights and speedo panel backlights do not work :( . I have checked the fuses visually and look ok. Not sure which fuse is the one that controls these lights. It is a Micra 1999 model 1 liter. Any advice?

thanks

Have just had the same problem on a W reg Nissan Micra Celebration 1ltr old shape. Which fuse is it that needs to be replaced to get the dash lights and side lights back on??

PhilandMary

the problem maybe if you have tested the cabling for the stereo with the lights off then you may rightly assume that the illumination cable is an earth cable but if it were tested with the lights on you would obviously find it was +12v just recheck with the lights on ,when i was young i made this mistake but wont make it again

Back