facelift/prefacelift tail light wiring?!

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I have a facelift K11 and have a set of prefacelift tail light to go on, I connected the wiring to the new lights (passenger side) and have a problem..

-The indicator light is always on, but does flash when the indicators on.
-The reverse light is always on, but goes off when braking
-The brake light doesn't work

Haven't tried connecting the drivers side due to the problems with this one..

Can anyone shed some light on what i need to do?

I looked at the bulb holders from both sets of lights and don't think I can even just swap them over :(

hey mate! i didnt think there would be a problem but you having one so.....umm.....

it cant be the pre-facelift wiring that is wrong unless its been changed, cause i was going to take a photo of my wires and let you see the differences / similarities and see if this helped but i dont think it will, so....its kinda trial and error which is what i did with the LED clusters i got!

just swap a couple round, but the black wire is an earth i believe and if its not right, will cause them to stay on...as they occured on the LED ones!!!

you should be able to swap them bud? the pins slot out from there connector housing??

naps

It's a bit dark out so I think I'll leave it til the morning. Don't need the car tonight so it'l be alright.

Napster, any chance you could get a picture of your wiring? It might help..

damn it.......my fault sorry mate!!

yeah your right.....it will be hard to change the wires around attached to the clusters.....as they are inbedded into the bulb holder.....this isnt on the LED clusters i have....and i havent seen these standard lights for a while so didnt know they dont have spare slack on the wires!

ul have to change wiring on car!!! i believe!!

make a note of where they go incase you swap back!!!

sorry

pic of led wiring...although that wont show much to help you will it?

ive juts got my old lights out and cant understand why your having a problem?
can you not add the pre-facelift clusters....with the facelift bulb holder???? lights are in same postion??

No the holders are different, I tried that..

Damn.

Don't worry about pictures of the LED lights, I dont think it'd help lol.

well after unclipping the connector block ther is no slack or easy way to remove the pins.
so i took the casing off!!! and there still isnt much easy way to do it, but its up to you mate!!!

hope i have helped!

p.s im going to go compare my led wiring with these lights again! as ive swapped them round...just for inspiration

Attachments

• DSC01352.JPG
    DSC01352.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC01354.JPG
    DSC01354.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 301
actually....its simple to remove the wires as the have the "spade" connectors mate!!! easy slide off....slot on another!!! leave the car wiring alone imo!!!!

then you can always go back to faclift!!!

naps

Awesome, so i should be able to play around with the wires in the bulb holders rather than on the actual connector block?

Awesome, so i should be able to play around with the wires in the bulb holders rather than on the actual connector block?

yes mate! even easier!!!! infact..........."simple" is a terminology for it lol!!!!

hope this helps! good luck tomorrow!!!

just try them one at a time!!! if reverse lights flash etc when you indicator...attach the wire from the indictor inside the bulb unit to the pin where you just applied the reverse light pin:laugh:

I couldnt work it out..

The facelift bulb holders use metal strips rather than wires. I was hoping it'd be wires and i could just copy the positions, but no such luck.
I got my friends dad having a look at them now, lol.

Anyone else able to help?

I couldnt work it out..

The facelift bulb holders use metal strips rather than wires. I was hoping it'd be wires and i could just copy the positions, but no such luck.
I got my friends dad having a look at them now, lol.

Anyone else able to help?

confused!!! i didnt think ud be able to copy the position although......you may have been able to......i just meant trial and error mate!!

try one and see what lights up...if anything.!!??

It's sorted now :)

Had to use a multimeter to work out what went were and extend a few wires in the bulb holder, But its all done (Y)

Cheers Napster (I dont know your name.. lol)

how the hell did you guess that!!! lol!!! thousands of names and you get it spot on in one!!!! (Y) lol

i think it was from "Em's thread" lol but its all good!!!!

you get a "fluffle" :laugh:

Back