rear wiring

S

smurfman

hi guys, after saying i wasn't going to put my infinity 6x9's in the rear ive changed my mind... I read somewhere alot of the lower spec micras already have the wiring in place for rear speakers but ive fished around and cant see any in mine.

So, wondering what routes people have taken with their speaker wiring? can you get under the door sills to run it there?

cheers!

My wiring runs under the carpet, but before that it ran round under the door seals, and behind the rear plastic covers for the seat belt casing. Both methods are pretty simple. :)

The ammount of time and effort involved in finding the current ones is very high in comparison to laying your own decent quality cables.

i would fit your own cables rather than use the nissan ones,un them own the sill under the carpet and behind the rear quarter panels to the boot

but if you really want to use the standard nissan ones,the are in the drivers side reear quarter area,just have a look under the seats/carpet/quarter panel

cheers guys,
gonna run my own cables now, havn't had a chance to look properly but is it easy to get the silly off etc? dont wanna just attack it with a screwdriver and break everything :p

smurf man: look in your boot on the right and pull the carpet up. u should see a "yellow square block"??? this is your rear speaker housing. i just added my 6x9's to this and ran the amp cables ect for the sub, down door sills.
hope this helps
napster

cheers napster, got the speakers all fitted yesterday, well happy with the sound, in the end i laid my own cables under the sills, ill have a look for that block though as i never spotted it before..

how did you hide the wires for your amp etc at the rear of the car? mine are running out of the door sill and over the wheel arch, managed to hide em a bit under the rear quarter but it would've been easier if i could figure out how to take the rear seat up?

smurfman said:
cheers napster, got the speakers all fitted yesterday, well happy with the sound, in the end i laid my own cables under the sills, ill have a look for that block though as i never spotted it before..

how did you hide the wires for your amp etc at the rear of the car? mine are running out of the door sill and over the wheel arch, managed to hide em a bit under the rear quarter but it would've been easier if i could figure out how to take the rear seat up?

hey, the RCA leads and remote leads go down my passenger side door, under the carpet and through a "clear tupe(under the carpet)".
the power cable runs through the engine bay and down through a grommet under the glove box :)
then all the wires pop up between the rear seats (still hidden) and then to amp. i also have MDF on the sides of the boot so you cant see the wires :)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/Napsterk11/SA000038.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/Napsterk11/carpetdownandjustaboutsecured.jpg

yeh have a look for that connector block. what year micra do you own?
need any more help, just ask
napster

thanks man, ill try tidying up my wiring when i next get a chance,

its an S reg, so 98, havnt had a chance to lookfor the connector block but ill have a gander before i head home from uni.

thanks again for all the help!

no worries mate!!!
enjoy sorting all the wiring out again lol
if you look in the boot. behind the carpet on your right(as you look in) there should be a little block with "4pins" in this is what im talking about?
cheers

Back