rear handbrake.

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
i have a problem with my o/s rear handbrake it dont work lol, now its not the cylinder as the rear brakes work when the foot brake is applied, which leads me to believe its a cable problem so does any one know if the set up is the same on the facelift as it is on the prefacelift. i only have a haynes for prefacelift models.
cheers all rick

stretched cables? but i thougt they would stretch to both wheels at the same rate, unless the rear brakes weren't in good balance. check the cable mounting/shoe lever isn't seized

As far as i'm aware the K11 has the same underpinnings from 93-02, any changes were cosmetic - new lights, bonnet, dash, etc

Its the same brakes.

When you get the brake drum off have a look at the handbrake lever, make sure it fully returns.
The only way to check the cable properly is to remove the shoes and have an assistant pull the handbrake on and off.

Oh, and when you have the brake drum off don't press the footbrake or you will make a mess, have to bleed the brakes and may need a new wheel cylinder!

Best thing to do is get the drums off and look before jumping to any diagnosis!

cheers for all the responce guys i will get the car up at the weekend and have a real good look and see what i can come up with

Back