Rear camber

joshbl

Site Supporter
I'm after a bit of camber on my rear wheels (only about 1 degree) and was wondering how to go about this. I've seen camber bolts for other cars and wasn't sure. Any help appreciated, cheers

cut-n-shut is the only way i,m afraid :eek:

Attachments

• axle.JPG
    axle.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 3,492
the problem would be to cut it to get a perfect -1 degree (or as i would have it -2.5)

best way to me would be the cut n shut but surely if you use the same thickness disk on both sides to cut with and the cut to the same depth would give an accurate result... possibly not like the correct setting but would make both bloody close

but a single degree of camber is not very much, to get it right would probably require a jig of some kind,

1 degree would,nt be worth the effort eh fwn my piecut gave me about 3 deg i guess

Attachments

• SDC11108.JPG
    SDC11108.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 1,145
I realised shortly after i asked this, you can't on a dead axle. It was only to stop scrubbing when the car was fully loaded but Solved it by flaring the arches with a bat (Y)
But nice work Frank!

Just read trough this ancient thread and seeing that cut, would it be possible/safe to put a plate on each face and then use bolts to hold it, meaning you could put different shims between to give any degree of toe/camber desired? Wouldnt mind some camber on mine see... as the front is on 2+deg already.

I'd also like to know more about this as if there's a safe way around it, i'd like to get some rear camber. This (quite famous) Micra has 7 degrees on the rear, and imo looks pretty good!

micra-fixed-4.jpg

Rear camber can be safely done if do e right, accurate cuts and jigs to correctly align for weldibg etc

Back