rear brake disk installment

CMF_A.J1990

» CMF Member
Hi guys i have only just joing and am looking to do a little bit of modding to my 1995 micra. Is it a hard job to attach rear brake disks and get rid of the standerd drum brakes. ive taken on the project with great enthusisam but and hitting points that i need help on. if anyone can give me a few pointers i would be greatful. cheers aaron

smidge

» CMF Member
g'day aaron... stuff like this has been covered quite a bit... have a browse through the forums here and on the micra.org.uk ones too

basically you can transplant a disc brake rear end from a super S micra (might have a different name in the UK) but its not just a simple swap the drum and disc deal

smidge WROTE:

"g'day aaron... stuff like this has been covered quite a bit... have a browse through the forums here and on the micra.org.uk ones too<BR><BR>basically you can transplant a disc brake rear end from a super S micra (might have a different name in the UK) but its not just a simple swap the drum and disc deal

pretty sure humpries sell a kit that just bolts onto the stock rear end.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"smidge WROTE:<BR><BR>"g'day aaron... stuff like this has been covered quite a bit... have a browse through the forums here and on the micra.org.uk ones too<BR><BR>basically you can transplant a disc brake rear end from a super S micra (might have a different name in the UK) but its not just a simple swap the drum and disc deal"</DIV><BR><BR>pretty sure humpries sell a kit that just bolts onto the stock rear end.

Our rally car has got the rear disc kit from Humphries, the brackets for the calipers have to be welded on and they don't supply brake lines. all the rest of the gear is there.

sportsclassic WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"
smidge WROTE:<BR><BR>"g'day aaron... stuff like this has been covered quite a bit... have a browse through the forums here and on the micra.org.uk ones too<BR><BR>basically you can transplant a disc brake rear end from a super S micra (might have a different name in the UK) but its not just a simple swap the drum and disc deal"</DIV><BR><BR>pretty sure humpries sell a kit that just bolts onto the stock rear end."</DIV><BR><BR>Our rally car has got the rear disc kit from Humphries, the brackets for the calipers have to be welded on and they don't supply brake lines. all the rest of the gear is there.

well their you go eh... is the kit any good sportsclassic? compared to the stocko super s offering?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"Madrabbit WROTE:<BR><BR>"DIV&gt;<BR><BR>well their you go eh... is the kit any good sportsclassic? compared to the stocko super s offering?<BR><BR>""</DIV><BR><BR>i c. just cost more then eh

Yes they are the same as the standard super s calipers

Back