Aus Brake disk question for front and rear... whats good???

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
hey guys.

got two questions about brake disks... first ones easy answer, 2nd one is a harder one :p

1) im going the N14 front brake upgrade, just wondering if the DBA super street disk's are any good Or even just the normal DBA n14 disks?

2) Seams i might have warped my rear disks, im running 4x114.3 on the rear and the micra disks were redrilled to suit. but i want to find some disks that are close to stock micra disks but come from DBA in 4x114.3 (and i know you can ask them for blanks but i want off the shelf)

the spec's of the disks are.

240 dia, 41 depth, 7 Og. thk., 6 min thk. and 68 hub.

anyone know if theres a a cailper that fits the rear thats from a 4x114,3 FF nissan? N12 pulsar, U12 pintara?

thanks.
john.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Seems to be 61mm hub at the rear for the disc hubs. I'm going through the DBA catalogue now.. getting us to do the work for you.. sheesh :p

Edit: None in their catalogue are an exact match, but you can probably find one that's close.

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
yeah, well i've been hunting thru it for the last 2hrs and i really cant find anything close that wouldnt involve some mechining of sorts which would require more work than just redrilling the pcd.

closet i could see would be U12 (as theres heaps around etc..) and spacing it out or running the u12 brakes if they fit on...

lolz... didnt want people to go out of there way, was just hoping someone might of put some thought into it once before but never posted about it.

emailed dba to see what some 4x114.3 k11 disks will cost from factory (well from there factory)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yeah I've found a few that were close in terms of dimensions but I wasn't paying attention to PCD. What you've said there is probably your best option though. Closest I found were:

-Holden Barina XC 2D+4D Hatchback (Slightly thicker and 57mm centre bore)
-Holden Tigra (same as above barina)

So either would require machining either way it seemed.

---dens

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
ahh thats even closer.

the best one would be the SB city front disks which is a solid rotor so i could get them mechined down heaps.

236, 41, 12, 9.7 & 60

only prob being that pre 94 is 4x114.3 and after (which the SB is 94 on) is 4x100... fail.

edit addition -

just looking at the 1600 camira, from what ive found on the net it seams there 4x114.3... solid 236, 41.25, 12.7, ?, 60

but still, mechine two rotors down from 12.7 to 7thk. bore hub hole out 1mm... or drill 8 new holes :S

why cant things be easy :( haha

why you going for dba's anyway. rda is cheaper.. much of a muchness really, just rda is heaps cheaper., get yourself some slotteds and ebc pads (made by the same company).. if your any good you'll get yourself a trade account with the distribution centre :p and get it all for cost price., they'll also be able to do you the micra rear's with a 114.3 pcd from factory also. took about a week last time i ordered some custom discs.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
wah! alwasy thought it was the other way around and RDA was more exy... it was when i ordered some disks for my soarer... will check it out man.

can you get trade price??? :p

what was custom about your disks mind me asking?

xsoarerx WROTE:

"wah! alwasy thought it was the other way around and RDA was more exy... it was when i ordered some disks for my soarer... will check it out man.<BR><BR>can you get trade price??? :p<BR><BR>what was custom about your disks mind me asking?

not my discs, for a customer. i foget what it was.. rx7 i think. pm me what price you can get em for and i'll see what i can do.

still waiting on a reply from them.. read on boostcruising that you want your cage mod plated also. can hook you up. lemme know. btw, did you want slotted or standard type? or they have the new gold passivated rotors.. but they are almost double the price

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
really :O OMG... its a proper march cup one so its FIA approved...

well was thinking of going jsut normal or slotted all round, sloted with N14 on front and disk rear should be more than plenty for the micra... so maybe jsut a price on std. rear and sloted rear for good measure.

do ya have msn man?

xsoarerx WROTE:

"really :O OMG... its a proper march cup one so its FIA approved... <BR><BR>well was thinking of going jsut normal or slotted all round, sloted with N14 on front and disk rear should be more than plenty for the micra... so maybe jsut a price on std. rear and sloted rear for good measure. <BR><BR>do ya have msn man?

lol.. i've got a proper march cup cage here too.. waiting to get the time to bolt it in.. yup. [email protected] msn

Back