Really low on power

1.0L y reg facelift. It was fine until yesterday. MOT next week anyway. It feels like there's no feedback from the drivers side when you accelerate and it's EXTREMELY slow.

Sorry the what?:p Yeah it revs fine in neutral. I just find it hard to believe that a warped disc is making it as slow as it is, worried that it's something wrong with the drive.

Sorry the what?:p Yeah it revs fine in neutral. I just find it hard to believe that a warped disc is making it as slow as it is, worried that it's something wrong with the drive.

the offside front wheel :p it the brake is binding bad enough to slow the car down like you describe, then it would be getting red hot :eek:

It must just be that the discs really warped. It's so bad if you take off without steering the car turns pretty sharp towards the side of the warped disc. Replacements are in the post :grinning:

Jacked the car up today whilst sorting some exhaust rattle and decided to investigate. Everything else is fine. The disc is visibly warped, which I don't think I've ever seen before. The roads where I live are a joke after the ice. Replacement discs should arrive tomorrow (Y) One thing. The pin that comes out of the centre of the wheels, I know it's something to do with the drive of the car...what do I do with that when taking the wheels off and on?:blush:

The split pin on the end of driveshaft? Nothing. Its there to stop the driveshaft nut coming loose and falling off.

Sorry about that :blush: I remember changing CV's in an auto engineering class when I was 15 and we took the split pin off before removing the wheel. That was the only time I'd taken the front wheels of a FWD and wondered if you had to remove the split pin every-time you removed the front wheels. Just looked like it might get in the way at a glance.:blush:

Back