Re-Spray

i believe it depends on colour....black being more than standard rainbow colours etc and two tone / flake is more etc!!!

some garages are cheaper than others and so imo your looking between £700 - £1000 basic

some members on here have had resprays *cough* OLLIE *cough* lol so he wil be able to inform you better!!!

naps

some palces may quote around £500-600 but it might not be very good outcome etc!

Kristian; a member on here can do resprays if i remember correctly for a very good price.........

blimey naps, your local garages know how to charge :D

hi guyh08
would you be able to self prep your car ?, if so you might be able to get it done for 2 to £300

Frank they do!!!!! :(
i was going to say about prep work, but some garages will not spray the car if YOU PREP IT YOURSELF.........mainly cause end result could be poor and they dont want any negative feedback when its the customers fault for bad sanding lol

but it will cut overall costs as you say Frank!

simply expalined:

it would be sanding back the cars paint work to suitable state for new paint etc!
filler over dents and sand back paint for primer etc

masking tape up areas etc but you cant drive down the road with rear windows all taped up lol

yer i could do that :) and u get it for a lot cheaper :) i was thinking black :p at the moment its red, and am planning to get it lowered by 35mm :) should look quite nice :p

guyh08

they will charge "at least" double to paint the doorjams, engine bay etc if you go for a colour change

I paid £550 for mine, and that was doing no prep work, nothing, the car was even filthy when I dropped it off to him.

Not bad really

Image080.jpg

yeh thats what i thaught...might be worth it tho :p

yeah that looks reli good, my k11 only has 3600 miles on the clock! so i am planning to keep it for a while so it might be worth the cost of a re-spray

But honestly speaking, I doubt you will get a price like that unless you know someone, my re-spray included door shuts being done too.

I'd honestly reccomend paying more and having the engine bay painted too, would look so much better, I hated lifting up my engine bay coz it looked so poo

i was going to say why not buy a black micra, would probably be cheaper... then i saw the mileage, thats great for a P plate

garaged all its life i take it?

and around me an outer body respray is about £700 and to get the inside framework done and all the the nitty bits as well is about £1000

in my opinion your better getting it all done inside and out, because like ollie says you will notice it when you open your bonnet/boot/doors

yer, my uncle baught it new in '96 and he hardely ever used it as he is gettin on a bit and prefers to walk around, i got it a an amazing price too (£400) :) i think he must have been loosing his mind to sell it so cheep!!

i am well chuffed with it, its in mint condition :) i think £1000 would be worth it to get the inside frame work done to, like u and ollie say, it will be very notisable if i dont get it done

ollie, what body kit is that? it looks reli good! :p lol

Back