Re-soldering throttle body

CMF_cocofredo

» CMF Member
Hello ,
Just to say that i did it and it works now perfectly !!
Thank you for this : nissan asked me 750 euros to change the throttle body !
Thank you again and have fun with your cars !!

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
great to hear another success story,

gee seano your saving members thousands with your work,

should be knighted for contributions to micra community :p

whats the countdown now, 24hrs?

rise..........mighty_cg13de+T

hehe,

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
No Ni$$an do not want to fix it. Just want to sell you a new throttle body.
Like everything else these days if its broke throw way and buy a new one. Too much trouble to fix it.
The local Ni$$an dealer here cannot do any electrical stuff. They refer you down the road to an auto electrician.
Very few qualified mechanics at dealerships anymore.
All "service technicans"
Anyway I reckon there is more knowledge on this site than at any Ni$$an dealer.

CMF_cocofredo

» CMF Member
It's exactly what they said : we can't repair the throttle body , BUT , IF YOU WANT , we can change it for 750 euros ...

Most of the dealers earn more money with parts they sell than selling cars !

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
That how the manufactures of cheap little koren heaps of junk stay in bussiness, by selling spare parts (the cheaper the car generally the more expensives the parts!)

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
LWC had her throttle body resoldered last weekend. She was a joy to drive this week. Better fuel economy by 50kms per tank, the flat spot is almost not there (curse the cool canberra weather), and she has more power.
Alex many thanks for the repair guide and pix.
LWC

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
can someone pls explained to me what re-soldering throttle body is? and why is that necessary.... i just got my micra few days ago... im a complete noob and been reading alot about micra lately... thx

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 29199.jpg
    29199.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 20

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
ah ok.... thx heaps for the reply... i got it now... sorry, i wasnt aware of the article archive pages before... thx again... :)

CMF_BAKER

» CMF Member
Thankyou so much for sharing this repair trick. Jennie now runs like a dream - no hesitation, no stalling, no flat spot.......i wish i'd found this site & article months ago.

Cheers again!

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
that PCB looks quite cheap and nasty , single sided copper with no thru plating on the component holes ? .. had a similar case with a car radio , the solder on the component legs cracks with age , if you used a 3 to 4X magnifying glass , would you see a very fine black circular crack around the solder joint ?

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Snoopy WROTE:
"That how the manufactures of cheap little koren heaps of junk stay in bussiness, by selling spare parts (the cheaper the car generally the more expensives the parts!)

You know it was Henry Ford himself who once said something along the lines of, I'd give away cars for free if I could lock them into servicing for the life of the car.

As for this fix, dry solder joints are a bitch, and it looks like that plug on the right will flex over time, perhaps cracking the solder, either way I think my Micra needs it done, it's got a flat spot off idle and also a rough idle.

Either that or an engine mount is bad, for some reason I got a lot of vibration in the drivers seat area of the car at idle.

Back