• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Rat

Cheers,it's ben a long time coming.I'm a bit all or nothing,the only way my cars get anything like finished is by throwing myself at them.This last blitz kept me in the workshop till 4am some nights with only my vermin friend for company & occasional visits from R Reg..

Haha no way, still pretty sweet!! sadly i dont have the same tools or time as you to do the same to mine, but im doing what i can. Your fox friend, is that yours or is it wild?

Mini-update...
Done a bit of running around in the car,my tie wrap/exhaust bodge combo has not worked,bend behind back box is still fouling the rear beam.Lowness makes it very tight under there,not sure what can be done but the car is loud enough to drive as you can probably imagine what with all the interior comforts disposed of without the exhaust banging adding to it.Roads round my manor are like a patchwork quilt so it probably looks like I'm doing slalom as I try to drive round the really rough bits...Suppose I'll have to take it to the exhaust bloke & see what he can do.

Other news..Had a close one with another Jap car I've not been getting done for 7 years.Had 2 1987 Civic GT's,1 black with Integra 1600 DOHC fitted,1 silver standard 1500cc 12 Valve.Due to workshop dramas & a few too many other cars I put them on E Bay which actually had me waking up in a sweat & panic.Let the silver one go to an enthusiast who now has 6 of them,thankfully bottled out of parting with the black one & I am going to throw myself at doing something with it.Should be a lot of fun,130-ish BHP in a mid eighties biscuit tin :)

When the car was in 1 piece...
Dartnewwheels004oct06.jpg

civicsilver17fitted1.jpg

Haha no way, still pretty sweet!! sadly i dont have the same tools or time as you to do the same to mine, but im doing what i can. Your fox friend, is that yours or is it wild?
You only need a 10mm/12mm socket & spanner & an angle grinder ;)
She's wild & still nervous but will lick raisins from the palm of my hand,greed gets the better of her. She's missing her silver Civic sunroof fox hammock so has now set up camp in an old jacket on top of another of my unfinished cars :rolleyes:

You only need a 10mm/12mm socket & spanner & an angle grinder ;)
She's wild & still nervous but will lick raisins from the palm of my hand,greed gets the better of her. She's missing her silver Civic sunroof fox hammock so has now set up camp in an old jacket on top of another of my unfinished cars :rolleyes:

Haha thats pretty cool dude, would like to have a fox, and ive got all those, just the skills...... hmmmmm lol

Evening all :)
I left the car up the road for a few days,one of the residents must have taken offence & called the council,got an abandoned vehicle notice :eek:
How very dare they it has a years rent on it
Took it down to the weighbridge (not to scrap it) & it weighs 700 kg.
Frank estimated 666kg some time ago,which has become a goal so bit more to go yet.The hubs & modified support bar are not fitted yet,& I cut the glass from an old tailgate as a template for perspex & have some steel 14" rims awaiting suitable tyres so may be able to get close....Apparently they weigh 842kg as standard so offloaded 142kg unnecessary landfill/scrap fodder so far :)
It's in use anyway as a local runabout,those behind seem to get a little upset at my slow progress over speed humps,looking forward to a stricken Matiz turning up to rob.
& got a seriously nasty Almera GT to strip of its front brakes & airbox.Don't think my home made chavvy induction kit is doing the car any favours..

2_zpsd948583b.jpg

3_zps14795127.jpg

201209264197_zps56a2179a.jpg

1_zpsd74b5286.jpg

Done 300 trouble free miles in work & play..
Glad I kept the heater system,passenger door splashes water inside so bit of a condensation problem.Going to stick a bit of plastic on the inside & sealer the window trim.
& a dead spot needs checking,Almera airbox to fit so have a nose then.
& an Almera 1.4 TB to fit,& maybe the brakes.
May need to do some research into the brake compensator,front wheel skids in the wet.Any advice welcome...

201210284461.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

201211304640.jpg

Not so much fun working on cars at the moment is it :cool:
The little Rat has been changing hearts,couple of locals who were more inclined towards Corsas/Fiestas were asking questions...so I "introduced" them.I've now been instructed to find them a victim to vandalise a la Rat :)
On the subject of Corsa's,this has done 40000 miles,pottered about by the lady doctor all its life...& it's all over.Gearbox gone.Victim bought from an auction,should have kept his cold hands in his pocket :confused:
If it looks too good to be true...It usually is..

201211274630.jpg

More junk.This had done 60000 miles,unsolvable continental electrical gremlins.A pleasure to destroy :D

201211304642.jpg

Good riddance flat car
201211304643.jpg

Few little gems came my way this month..This has got a dent in most of the panels,so off with its head.Drives fine,Only done 70 000 miles :(
Took the white car as part ex on another Micra.Been bombing around in it myself enjoying the luxury of suspension.Got a few digs here & there.Could do with a white drivers door...It's for sale.56k.MOT August,tax till March.
The darker blue car came from a trader mate.It had a new re manufactured/aftermarket distributor a year ago but was showing the symptoms of the same problem..Changed the dizzy...Broom broom :)
Done 150000 miles but drives like half that.Sold to a friend who wanted a more economical car.

bluevictim.jpg

whiterunner2.jpg

201211114517.jpg

Dirty Rat....
Went for a late night hack up the lanes & found some mud to splash around in..& had the heater pumping to bake it on.
Sort the rest of pics tomorrow..night night time :)

2.jpg

3.jpg

Went out for a tinker today...
Fed up with the condensation from the leaky door due to lack of inner on the passenger side.Sealed the plastic trim with seam sealer & dried/cleaned it all up inside...& removed the (damp) junk that was building up on the floor.
Had a go at shutting the banging exhaust up with a ratchet strap,not worked.Need to pull the other way I think.Worst money I ever spent on the car! Side exit beckons...
Checked the plugs & dizzy,seem ok.Got a miss when on cold start & seems to use a lot of fuel when cold...More investigations required.
Few more muddy pics....

1-1.jpg

5.jpg

3-1.jpg

201212274878.jpg

Shopping trolley :)
6.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:
2-1.jpg

2 trolleys. On the left for rough terrain supermarkets
5withfriend.jpg

Bit of damage occurred..got whacked from behind by a recovery truck at a junction.Luckily the tailgate took the drama..I was praying the bumper was not wrecked.By a mate sadly so I pressed a lot of it out by hand..
And weekend past I had a go at some ghetto window security.I was thinking more of rusty concrete reinforcing rods but I've had these fence barrier panels hanging around so went with them...

201301085003.jpg

201301085004.jpg

grill3_zps2b36fecc.jpg

stick2_zpsb458f2ae.jpg

bonnet_zps674c3822.jpg

stick4_zpsa2641c30.jpg

Glad to see you're still plugging away at getting old ratty sorted, sleeper. I was in your neck of the woods, for the New Year's Eve fireworks near the London Eye. Should have popped over and said hello : )

thats low,,,,,,,,,your lucky the earths flat :)
and stop adding weight :)

I knew they were telling porkies at skool when they said the earth was round.How can it be..stuff would fall off :confused:
Roof rack was way heavy..& that's before putting any junk on it..Have to find some more stuff to grind off :)

Evening all :D
Reg called me tonight to remind me I've not visited for months..:rolleyes:
Had to clean the car up & remove the camouflage netting as someone complained to the council,got a shirty letter about a potentially abandoned vehicle.
Been running around in the seriously ugly Suzuki for the last few months,1500cc 16v,107 BHP.Good bit of fun.They tried to counteract the ugliness by fitting Recaro seats & white dials with blue lights.Seem popular,made loads of calls for £795.
Before that a Micra K12 auto,lovely car to drive.Was sorry to see it go.Hold their money don't they,2 grand for a 2004 car.
Catch up time :D

14020917641_9bf897b35c_o.jpg

14020899262_9a3a5195ff_o.jpg

14024143025_99a997c531_o.jpg

14024142955_efaa68c54c_o.jpg

14021279971_cab2fbb874_o.jpg

Evening all :D
Reg called me tonight to remind me I've not visited for months..:rolleyes:
Had to clean the car up & remove the camouflage netting as someone complained to the council,got a shirty letter about a potentially abandoned vehicle.
Been running around in the seriously ugly Suzuki for the last few months,1500cc 16v,107 BHP.Good bit of fun.They tried to counteract the ugliness by fitting Recaro seats & white dials with blue lights.Seem popular,made loads of calls for £795.
Before that a Micra K12 auto,lovely car to drive.Was sorry to see it go.Hold their money don't they,2 grand for a 2004 car.
Catch up time :D

14020917641_9bf897b35c_o.jpg

14020899262_9a3a5195ff_o.jpg

14024143025_99a997c531_o.jpg

14024142955_efaa68c54c_o.jpg

14021279971_cab2fbb874_o.jpg
Well done Rreg!
Nice to see you post again! Car looks smart, crazy what people complain about though eh, haven't they got their own things to worry about?
Nice to see the k11 is still alive. Why not drive it? Should have a sowf london meet up in the summer, what you saying Reg? I'll come up for it. Can't remember who is in that area now. Martin might reach in his mx5.

Well done Rreg!
Nice to see you post again! Car looks smart, crazy what people complain about though eh, haven't they got their own things to worry about?
Nice to see the k11 is still alive. Why not drive it? Should have a sowf london meet up in the summer, what you saying Reg? I'll come up for it. Can't remember who is in that area now. Martin might reach in his mx5.

Alright Noddie, they no likey the muddy car...Doesn't fit in with the Focus's & Mundanes.
Your right,need to start using it again..on new comfortabler springs hopefully.
One of my pals is organizing a car show at a college down your way in August I think,I'll post the details tomorrow,might be able to get a few of us together maybe.
Like your website,good stuff.You been busy :)

Back