radio/cd player

hi, just wondering how to remove a cd player from a 2006 nissan micra k12? as i have lost the code and need to get the numbers from the cd player, i have heard some cd players can only be removed if the dash is removed first, i have a photo of what the player is like so if anyone knows how to remove it i will apprieciate it, thanx

cdplayer-micra.jpg

those holes on the side you should be able to get a radio puller like to little bars you push the in and it should reasle the things holding it in

those holes on the side you should be able to get a radio puller like to little bars you push the in and it should reasle the things holding it in

please ignore this advice you will seriously damage your car doing so

the cd player is bolted into a cage i`m guessing you do not wish to to change the player so i will only give the instruction for removing the cage which should enable you to see the info on the back

this is very simple there are two screws above the heater controls
and two screws inside the cubby hole bit i think these are behind the little clips shown at the top of your picture it should then just slide out you may however need to give it a little tug as there may be some clips behind re insallation is simply the reverse if you experience any difficultys let me know and i will check my workshop manual

hi, thanx for the reply, i did try this the other day because i had found the screw where you said, but it just didnt seem to budge, so i will try again tomorrow, thanx again

just had another look at the manual there are two clips right at the top edge that you will need to disengage best way will probably be to take the four screws out then pull it from the bottom edge upwards then you may just need to get a long screwdriver in to undo the clips that are directly above the air vents

huh?everyone else had to take off the door seals and then top part to get to the back where there is another screw?!lol did you just snap yours? lol there is a guide on here im sure :D

huh?everyone else had to take off the door seals and then top part to get to the back where there is another screw?!lol did you just snap yours? lol there is a guide on here im sure :D

i ain`t took mine out yet i was just going by what my workshop manual says but it wouldn`t be the first time thats missed a screw out do you guys have fun at nissan trying to figure out where to put hidden screws

lol!i think its because it brings costs down and stops your radio from getting stolen (Y) lol :D

the door sills round the two doors need to come off first this is really easy as they just pull off then go pull the side pannels off then the back bit of the dash :D screws are in there too :D

and dont worry it all just clips back on lol

think the image uploader for attachments is working now i think i know the one`s your on about now to remove the headunit from the cage would it not be possible to read the numbers off the back without removing it from the cage ?

Just cos someone was asking here goes:

To change the stock radio in a K12 you need to pritty much take the dash appart. Don't let this put you off as it is actualy quite easy.

1. Open the driver and passenger doors.

2. Pull the rubber door seals off so you can:-

3. Take the plastic covers off the pillars either side of the windscreen.

4. The top of the dash should pull off (but watch out for the sensor on the left side it needs to be unplugged before you pull it off compleatly).

5. In the middle there should be a bracket with three 11mm bolts take these out (but don't drop otherwise you won't find them again).

6. There should be two screws under the centre console take them out.

7. There is a plastic plate above the centre console take that off and there should be two screws under it. Remove them as well.

8. The center console should pull out now. Unplug any cables.

9. To take the radio out you now need to take the air vent ducts out of the centre console.

10. There will be 4 screws (2 either side) of the radio undo these and the radio should pull out it may be a bit stiff.

There you go it sounds more difficult that it is.

PS The stock raido is made by Blaupunkt so if you have steeing wheel controls it may still work if you buy a Blaupunkt (although it didn't work with my Daytona HU). Also the SatNav wires might interfear with you new HU if it doesn't have sat nav.
oh and buy the way im sure someone on here can get the code for ya

that is a quote by the way lol

Back