quick vid for ya

looking back at the vid its cool how up to 2nd gear the micra keeps with even a clio v6... damn the tall gear ratios and no manifold lol

Very inspirational! i miss all the santa pod meets! i only live bout 45 mins away aswell :(
would be interesting to take a CVT up the strip :p

Stuart said:
Very inspirational! i miss all the santa pod meets! i only live bout 45 mins away aswell :(
would be interesting to take a CVT up the strip :p
I have a 1.0 with CVT; I'm confident it would set one of the slowest recorded times, especially as it completely runs out of steam at 75mph.

squigbobble, most standard 1.0 K10's bearly make it to 62mph before the end of the 1/4 mile.

could put your 1.0 CVT against my 1.3CVT :p doubt its that much quicker! i would like to try mine against a manual see how different they are

Ed said:
squigbobble, most standard 1.0 K10's bearly make it to 62mph before the end of the 1/4 mile.
Nyah hah, absence of aerodynamic refinement no problem then :grinning:

I've also often wondered how a CVT Micra, when driven properly (i.e. by not flooring it ;)) would fare against a manual one with the same engine size.

If you could make the cvt shift point at max power and keep it there it would be much faster.

Ed said:
If you could make the cvt shift point at max power and keep it there it would be much faster.
The problem with the CVT is that when u floor it, it just goes up to the redline where there's no torque; if u do that and then gradually release the pedal it actually accelerates harder as the revs drop down into the peak torque-peak power band. 'Cos of that, it's impossible to extract the maximum performance from the engine 'cos u can't have it at full throttle and peak torque. I figured the most effective thing to do is to reprogram the CVT so that it won't let the engine rev past the peak torque (or power, there's 2 selectable modes so u could program one into each of them and take ur pick) until it reaches the tallest ratio, at which point it has to allow the engine speed to increase. Pity I don't know a thing about ROM programming and I can't afford to break a car that's technically my dad's.

Back