Queston about fuel filter

bens851

Ex. Club Member
hi, im servicing my mums mazda 323f tomorrow.
just wondering if replacing the fuekl filter is the same for every car.
i.e de presurising the fuel by taking out the fuel injection fuse and running the car till it turns off like it does with the micras.

thanks for any help given.

I've never done the above, just undo it and change it, usually get covered in a bit of petrol, thats the only thing that doing the above stops.

I have changed the micra and the RS fuel filter, just undoing the hoses and replacing the filter.

removing the petrol cap should take some pressure off the fuel system. I'd do that before changing the fuel filter!

in the haynes it says to remove the fuel injection fuse. then start the car and let it run till it cuts out. (about 5 seconds) then its depresurised.
still a load of fuel comes out thats in the pipes but doesnt shoot out lol u can catch it in summat.
i was just wondering if its the same process for every car?

id reckon so...as you want to relieve the pressure in the system, so stopping the fuel from running would stop the car from working because theres no fuel pressure. :)

you could of course just clamp the rubber hose down, to slow the flow and do a quick switch over...though i dont know how easy the Mazda fuel filter is to reach in relation to the engine bay.

to be honest the haynes should say undo the fuel cap (aswell)...because i followed the haynes when removing the fuel lines and there was still loads of pressure left over...not good when youre under the car and you start getting covered in petrol :eek:

Back