Question about central locking

L

Lori

I've just got my SE and have a few questions about the central locking. I've just noticed the buttons on the front doors and boot that unlocks all the doors. Does this mean that my keys have to be at the other end of the house when the car is on my drive to avoid people being able to unlock my car? If this makes sense o_O

You'll have to put that a little better.
I'm affraid it doesn't make much sense!
Do you have a key fob alarm that de-activates your central locking?
Or do you have to use the key to unlock the doors?

rallybunny said:
you just have to be near the car with the key for it to unlock.
Yeah, that's the one. I don't have to use my key at all. Sorry for being vague, I'm not very clued up yet :blush:

and i also think shes concern about the security issues regarding this intelligent key feature. i have got that too but dont worry as the key have to be pretty near the car in order for the little black buttons to work.

if i am right, not trying to be precise here, its about 1m radius of the car to get it to work.

tse_adam said:
and i also think shes concern about the security issues regarding this intelligent key feature. i have got that too but dont worry as the key have to be pretty near the car in order for the little black buttons to work.

if i am right, not trying to be precise here, its about 1m radius of the car to get it to work.
Ah right. That's exactly what I was trying to ask. Just obviously didn't put it very clearly :wasntme:

Thanks ;)

tse_adam said:

i am guessin this is so you cant lock your keys in the car - if you leave the keys on the seat they are in that "1m radius" so the buttons work - if you are sitting in the house - out of the "1m radius" the buttons wont work so car is safe?!

mackem_micra said:
i am guessin this is so you cant lock your keys in the car - if you leave the keys on the seat they are in that "1m radius" so the buttons work
Well I've just accidentally tested that. I thought my keys were in my pocket so I got out the car and pressed the button and then heard a fast beeping sound and the car didn't lock. I didn't know why until I realised my keys were still in the car. :)

Back