Qashqai vs Micra dCi

Any peeps know the difference to the engine between the 1.5dci engines in the 86bhp Micra and the 105bhp Qashqai. The block is the same, so I presume as an absolute minimum the turbo is larger. Injectors? Camshaft? I wonder how easy it would be to transplant a Qashqai engine into a K12 Micra??

Slam

The 1.5 wasnt in the Qashqai. They were fitted with the 1.6 version, so I imagine it gets a wee bit more power from that. And probably has a bigger turbo due to it being a bigger car.

My 1.5 dci Micra does 0-60 in 10.1 I am not pleased with this but others say thats pretty quick. I think I find it so slow because I am moving to a Micra from a car that did 60 in less then 6 seconds.

I am not sure the 2 litre would fit to be honest. I was hoping that the changes between the Qashqai and Micra engines wouldnt be too great, hence most of the components would be the same.
Don't get me wrong, my micra isn't slow, but I would like a little more oomph.

Slam

I was looking for a bigger turbo myself that's a direct fit, doesn't seem there are many though (if) How do the clios get over 100hp with a 1.5??

The cheapest and most hassle free way to get similar power to the 1.5 dci (105bhp) is to get a remap. Just make sure that if you get a garage to service your car that you tell them you have a remap or they may inadvertantly reset the ecu to stock.

Back