Purchases

k11 kid

Ex. Club Member
Ok Whats everyones next purchase for there car mines a licence (test middle of Feb) and an Mot...but for the car is a new cd player because i broke my nakamichi.

mike :glance: glance is because my boss has just come over to my desk didnt know he was there till he nearly buckled carrying a pc

It was a ca18det with 80k miles and full service history for £200, but due to my current insurance co making an excuse and plucking a price from the air it aint going ahead..... yet.

However the micra may end up going the distance very soon so keep ur eyes open.

some skirts which i will be getting in the next few days which wayne is very kindly fitting 4 me along with my front splitter, so next after that is finding a rear splitter :)

for my metro 1.8:
new water pump,
Gti Skirts,
get round to tinting the windows.

for my maestro 1.3:
Copper head gasket,
fit my stage 3 cylinder head,
phase 2 turbo camshaft,
Oil cooler,
fit turbo and manifolds from my metro turbo engine,
new exhaust,
tint windows,
maestro turbo bodykit,
mabey even have it bored out to 1380cc.

not exactly micras i know but still interesting all the same :p

for my maestro 1.3:
Copper head gasket,
phase 2 turbo camshaft,
Oil cooler,
new exhaust,
tint windows,
maestro turbo bodykit,

sounds like a very funky maestro, but don't do the body kit a sleeper maestro could work soo well ;)

I have lots of things I'm yet to get the time to fit, inc trimming, audio items, pod builds, tweeter builds, tints, invertor, clear indicators, big brakes, springs, shocks, etc, etc.....

what kind of skirts n splitter danni?

OH YEAH AND FOR MY CAR:

hopefully by the end of this month / early next month with some slight help from Wayne:

* Splitters and skirts on CCoded
* New grill, CCoded door handles and boot handle
* KYB shocks

Then get the amp repaired or replaced and get the system back up and running, been redundant for over a month now only had it working for a week. Then the CCoded interior and buckets.

Have MOT on the 27th followed by road tax and then im taking over insurance payments + i have to quickly do pass plus so yeah

got a splitter for the front which neil gave me so not sure wht that off

the skirts r same as urs and i guna get an ibiza rear 1 i think

Got Insurance and stuff up in March to.

Insurance
MOT
Tax
Service.

Nasty. All this with my student loan! Looking to get bigger brakes on it aswell. Should be looking good for summer i hope.
:kungfu:

RE: RE: Purchases

Mat.T said:
for my maestro 1.3:
Copper head gasket,
phase 2 turbo camshaft,
Oil cooler,
new exhaust,
tint windows,
maestro turbo bodykit,

sounds like a very funky maestro, but don't do the body kit a sleeper maestro could work soo well ;)

sounds like a plan :) but the kit is very subtle anyway, but quite rare aparently so i probably wont be able to get one anyway. It should be a fun car. i think my metro is fun aswell though, but the metro's with the 1.8 conversion are gettign too common now, not many people tune the 1.3 maestro. and its an old A series engine same as in the mini's so parts are plentifull and cheap for them.
Owen

the list is endless, iv got my eyes on some components at the minute on ebay so i could have them next week hopefully, also after a few subs and amps which im going to speak to kev about when i get my membership and that sorted.
need the suspention sorting and bodywork aswell, hoping to buy stews bodykit when he gets round to selling it loads more little bits and pieces aswell maybe even 1.6 engine but its just all about the money as i dont get paid enough at the minute!!

Well alloys sprayed, black and maybe chrome will be the next thing

after MOT and tax at the end of this month

Fix the front! Get da ST front repaired, too rare to just go out and buy another one! Hav to save for my insurance coz im in the middle of a little big claim! After that, lowering springs, get the bodykit and other black bits sprayed gloss black, another sub, another amp, another set of 6x9's, tints, new wheels (eventually). If i get dat dun ill be happy! Any1 recommend a rear splitter for a standard K10 bumper?

lol, 90mm drop springs, and the rear and front super s bumpers, lol, now lookin for janspeed manifold and also a nice leather bucketed interior!

lots of things planned, 5 speed box, replacement stereo, speakers, sub, amp etc and some respraying/touching up. Wouldnt mind some new matts too!

RE: RE: RE: Purchases

DoomPixie said:
Mat.T said:
for my maestro 1.3:
Copper head gasket,
phase 2 turbo camshaft,
Oil cooler,
new exhaust,
tint windows,
maestro turbo bodykit,

sounds like a plan :) but the kit is very subtle anyway, but quite rare aparently so i probably wont be able to get one anyway. It should be a fun car. i think my metro is fun aswell though, but the metro's with the 1.8 conversion are gettign too common now, not many people tune the 1.3 maestro. and its an old A series engine same as in the mini's so parts are plentifull and cheap for them.
Owen

So is thw 1.8 conversion as easy as I wqas lead to believe?
My mate had a metro but got bored with the fact that everything has to be custom for it and ou can only get 14" wheels under it

Isn't it just a case of swapping the 1.4K series for the 1.6 or 1.8? Its the same engine every thing bolts up?

yes.. exactly.
Old engine out, new engine in. :) If you havent got MPi in there to start with you need to change the wireign loom for one from a metro GTi 16V though. Personally i just swpped pistons, liners and crank over though, the 1.8 i got had a crack in the block. and you can fit 15's on a metro :) i used to have them, then i changed the suspension so its independant and lowered about 20mm and i had to go back to 14's because it started rubbing.
There is a lot you can do to metro's. a lot of parts available for them if you look. :) you can even buy metro 6R4 bodykits, lots of tuneing parts around for the K series aswel..
Owen

mines a new car on sunday!
then!!
erm well to buy dont know since i have everything i want for my car :S

erm....

i cant think. jut bought some new 15" alloys. fox's

but i have the engines i have all the paint
i have all the body kit
i have the flakes
i have the xbox
ohhhhh treating to new tints :p
erm......

may treatn the super to a little summit. but may keep it standard poss some lowering springs and a respray. poss some tints and a nice install

ohhh i have to buy my new front comps and my subs yet.
and a few little bits i aint got for the in car computer most of it has to be written though!!
so that is my purchases for this year :D

Back