Puddle lights

Has anyone here added puddle lights to their Micra (lights that illuminate the road by the door). I used to drive a mk 2 Mondoe and added these to the wing mirrors so that when the door was opened or car unlocked the area arund the door was flood light. I wired them into the interior light. I am a little hesitant on my micra as the door cards seem a bit harder to remove than the 12 screws on a Mondeo. Apart from that it is a doddle to do - three white LEDs, a small resistor and some careful routing of wires to a suitable eath in the door and one wire to the interior light switched positive.

Sweet!!

Slam

Has anyone here added puddle lights to their Micra (lights that illuminate the road by the door). I used to drive a mk 2 Mondoe and added these to the wing mirrors so that when the door was opened or car unlocked the area arund the door was flood light. I wired them into the interior light. I am a little hesitant on my micra as the door cards seem a bit harder to remove than the 12 screws on a Mondeo. Apart from that it is a doodlt to do - three white LEDs, a small resistor and some careful routing of wires to a suitable eath in the door and one wire to the interior light switched positive.

Sweet!!

Slam

I was indeed thinking about this a while back but the fact of taking a piece of wire all the way to the interior light was a stretch for me in this weather lol

the door cards are a doddle undo the handle with the 2 screws and pop off the handle cover and theres a spring clip holding on the window winder and the just pops off then the card just pops off the plastic rivets into the door :D
and i wouldnt really recomend the door for earthing its not a good earth

Back