PS3 + Hi-Fi Speakers

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I'm looking to connect my Hi-Fi speakers to my PS3/TV. The TV has got a Red & White Aux in/output. Heres a photo of the back of the Hi-Fi:

30122009182-b.jpg

What exactly do i need to connect the 2 together? If your able to supply a pic off the net that'd be great!

Many Thanks :)

you should be able to plug the aux from the hi fi to the tv
how is your ps3 wired up and what does the tv look like on the back?

If you want the sound to come from the TV to the Hi-fi then you will need a phono to phono cable..... with the red and white connectors on each end, i found ebay best for these when i got a load last time.

Jay

the bottom red and white one on the tv where it says audio to the red and white on the hi-fi AUX. if this doesnt work look for a scart lead that has the red/white connections built in. i may still have one somewhere it the first way doesnt work

The phono sockets on the back of your TV are input only so won't work for connecting to your hi-fi.

Doesn't the PS3 have phono sockets on the back? If it does, you should go straight from the PS3 to the Hi-Fi, this will give the cleanest audio signal possible.

You probably will have to resort back to a standard scart rather than hdmi, use the video cable which is yellow, plug it into the tv, and then plug the red and white into the stereo... i dont think you can use the hd lead aswell, but im not sure!?!

I might be wrong but I think you need a optical in? Optical out is to connect to a amp, dont quote me though Im not sure

You can use the HDMI cable and run the sound to your stereo as i have done this, your looking for an audio out on your tv to run to the aux inputs on your stereo. This could be 3.5mm jack to phono or more common is phono to phono.
If you stereo does have an optical in then I think you can run an optical cable to your stereo for better sound quality!

If you have an optical out on your PS3 or TV and an optical in on your hifi, the optical cable will give you the best sound quality. I have one running from my SKY+ HD box to my home cinema setup.

If you can avoid running anything from the TV, you'll get far better sound quality by going direct from the PS3 to your HiFi.

I thought you said on the hi-fi there is only an optical out. you would have to connect the ps3 optical out to the hi-fi's optical in. if this does not work then i think the cable and method i suggested above is an easier option

I thought you said on the hi-fi there is only an optical out. you would have to connect the ps3 optical out to the hi-fi's optical in. if this does not work then i think the cable and method i suggested above is an easier option

9 times out of 10, an optical interface on a hi-fi is going to be an input and not an output.

Back