Proven rust converter

Not so much just for K11's but il be venturing under the car soon to tackle any rust spots & was wondering if anyone can recommend a good proven to work rust converter?

Cheers guys ( and Gals)

Skinner

Ive used kurust for rusty steel wheels, took several thick coats to see any difference.... But, it was very thick rust and the paint hasn't flaked off yet so i guess it worked well enough

Kurust is the best, looks like milk! When you apply on to rusted surface you can see it turning rust into black!! Used it loads of times on my previous restorations and works well!! Try not to het it on your hands cos it stains the fingers or what ever parts of your body your handling on!! Also to nake sure you clean up the rust proper, dig out any flakes or if you have a wire brush/grinder etc to clean as much off as you can then apply the treatment to the rust!!!

J

People in the classic car schene don't rate kurust at all, including myself. I first doubted it's ability when it turned black when I spilt it on some fiberglass.

Recently I've been using POR metal ready which seams to be doing ok so far.

Krust only works if it's kept moist while the reaction is taking place. Also it doesn't remove rust, it just converts it into Iron Phosphate I think, which is just a compound of iron that doesn't spread. I don't think it's weld friendly, and if you're painting you should just use rust inhibiting paint. I've used it successfully on the micra, but only after wire brushing and as a temporary measure. Many black splodges where it dried in the baking sun a month or so ago...

Back