prolly a silly question but you know me.

cisco

» CMF Member
Talk about ganging up :) haha.

You mean those stupid little Avatar things?
As opposed to the pic in your user info page?

CMF_Meatpie

» CMF Member
Here's my 2yens worth: being able to edit might be useful sometimes, but I agree with Aaron about the Avatars and signatures, they're distracting and a bit...you know egotistical, not to mention crippling to server space and page loading times especially for those with slow connections.

cisco

» CMF Member
SSS, please explain your problem? It works for me..

Avatars also get in the way of search engine optimisation. The pages are filled full of crap meaningless images and it makes our decent images hard to distinguish from the ten thousand user avatar images.

Sorry to keep it clean Avatars are out. The key thing is the information, you can go for your life in your user profile section.

Whenever I see a web forum thread full of avatars, I usually assume that its a page full of people crapping on about the price of bread or anything useless. I like to think that our forums are more clean and pure information based. I think it keeps it looking a lot more professional.

With avatars, you also get the usual idiots who use a picture of an "up yours" finger, or an ass or something stupid and unrelated to micras. There's no way of controlling that except manually checking each one by hand which is a lot of unneccessary maintenance.

cisco

» CMF Member
SSS: Did you CTRL-refresh the page?
Try CTRL-F5, sounds like the old picture is still in your cache.. Otherwise might be a bug, but I think its working for others at present..

Matty: Haha coincidence, I actually forgot about the up yours finger that you uploaded. It was a general comment. Oh well, thanks for reminding me haha.

cisco

» CMF Member
As for editing. Totally agree and am doing this ASAP.
Gee life is a busy place lately.

I have scheduled this to be done this weekend, so stay tuned ! :)

Its slowly getting there, I fixed a lot of subtle bugs recently and now the editors can update 3 of the major sections on the site without me doing anything.

Soon it will be a fully automated micra machine!

cisco

» CMF Member
And thanks for your comments and suggestions guys.
Please keep them coming.

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
I totally agree, its pretty annoying to see people posting a wallpaper size avatar on some of the forums I visit. Good thing to keep em out. Editing messages and quoting would be nice though. I dont think this forum will need any major changes, I like it the way it is, simple...

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
sorry I didn't mean to cause a arguement :(

I had the same problem when I went to upload a new pic in my user profile thing. I changed it but the old one is still there :|

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Okay cisco, in light of recent happening with someone by the name of not_another)sunday signing up, i want to change my username!!! haha

i tried, but i can't change it, it accepts and tells me that the changes have been sucessful - but nothing has changed!

Heeeelp! :(

Back