Silly question I know but.....

tolsti

Ex. Club Member
I'm a dummy when it comes to tech/MOT matters. I have Dunlop tyres fitted to my K12 SX.. (original tyres I believe).... BUT on the front offside the Dunlop arrow is facing contrary to the direction of travel.

I am getting told differing things:

1) Instant MOT failure if presented as such.
2) Greater danger of aquaplaning, excessive tyre wear etc...

The truth please???

just take it to a tyre garage and the will change it round for a fiver or if its a fault from the factory(not likely)take it back to nissan

i dont know if it will make you fail your MOT but i would get it changed as the tyre is designed to work its best the right way round

thanks Toney

Seeing as I have only had it 4 months from a Nissan Main Dealer I am not pleased to say the least.

It was second hand yes, but always serviced by them. MOT on the day of delivery and a wheel bearing change since then.... And they still didn't notice it??

Negligence??

My thanks to everyone who replied.... I took the car to a Nissan Dealership and they looked at it. It turns out that the tyres are not directional tyres as there is no lettering on the tyre indicating the direction of travel. The Dunlop logo is in this case, just a logo.

So, panic over.... thanks to all.

It's actually lucky you posted this thread, it encouraged me to check my alloys when I fitted them and I almost put a wheel on the wrong side.

it could contribute to aquaplaning as the tread is cut to disperse water from the sides of the tyres, if it is round the wrong way then the water will disperse from the centre of the tyre, as for the mot it all depends on how the tester is feeling that day and wether he got some the night b4 haha

Back