Problems with my K10

C

CrazyMike

Hi guys,

I recently bought a £200 1992 K10 which I use for going to work and odd jobs (like going B&Q and Uni).

But it has a few probs (hence the low price)

1) when i turn my hazards on, only the right hazards come on but not the left.
However the indicators work fine when driving (when indicating to turn right/left)

2) The rear off side tail light is broken

3) The steering wheel lock has been removed

4) The LED (i think for the immobiliser) has been severed & the radio stolen.

5) Rear fog not working.

Can anyone suggest anything to help me fix these probs!!!
p.s. Ive checked all fuses and they are all ok.

Thanks in advanced

i sent elliot a new set of rear lights so he would hav a set spare for ya.
Steering lock should be able to be gotten in a scrap yard.
You can get a LED almost anywhere, just find the +/- wires for it and wire it up.
You can get CD head units for cheap, then use an ISO adaptor providing you still have the micra adaptor (wasnt cut when the stereo was robbed)

Thats the problem - I cant find the wires for the LED anywhere.

I think the lady I bought it from probably gave it to a mate to kind of make it sellable.

p.s. Ive got a rear light - just dont know how to take the old one off.

My main concern is the hazards & fog lights cos they are needed for the MOT.

Thanks,
Mike

There are 3 nuts holding it on from the inside of the boot, take these off, now the fun can begin!
There is strong sticky stuff holding the light on, you need to get a knife and run round the light as much as u can with it. Eventually it will give way, you wont have to be gentle as your getting rid of the light you take off...

So its possible you dont have an immobilisor... make one! just run a switch in line with the 12V ignition wire and hide the switch. Also make sure the switch is strong enough to handle the power that goes through the 12v wire...

Yeah ive seen those nuts but they are really difficult to get to with a spanner.

Plus there is a little tank full of screenwash for the rear windscreen just next to the back of the light (which is odd on a micra)

I think i'l give that a go tomorrow after Uni.

Thanks kev mono72 - one problem down

for the rear fog light problem it might be the relay located normally up the back of the dash on the drivers side its only small and is in blue colour and it might be taped to the wiring loom or it might not. this is assuming you have checked the bulb and it is ok

By the relay do you mean the blue above the fuses???

p.s. Thanks for the reply

yes but for example the relay is about the size of your thumb maybe bigger and it is higher than the relays you see above the fusebox

Yeah their awkard alright, but all you have to do is loosen them with the spanner, u can do the rest with your had if u can get it in there, or if u know someone with small hands :p haha
You could always peel back the boot card...

When I put my March back lights on... my old lights had the 3 nuts on the back... and they were literally all finger tight! You could unbolt them with your fingers... but it had the sticky waterproofing on the back anyway. :)

I tightened my new lights on with an 8mm spanner... and had no problems. :)

Trust Kev, he's a professional at back lights...lol!

-Elliot

Haha, try doing it hanging off a peugeot.
I didnt have to worry about the boot card, i just pulled it back so i could get in at the lights, i dont tink i done much damage tho, you could probly still use the card!
The water proofing stuff is really strong tho, your gona have to work hard to get it off!

Attachments

• 23-06-05_1430.jpg
    23-06-05_1430.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 184
but the foglights are in the bumper, not the rear cluster. Also check the bulb in that and that theres power getting to it.

When my rear fog light died, it was because the indicator stalk was faulty! the fog light switch wasnt getting a feed from the stalk, so it never came on.

IF it does come down to this and it needs replacing, make sure you replace it with an IDENTICAL stalk! the same number of pins in the same position etc. They're not all the same!

Hi guys,

fixed all the bulbs so everything works apart from hazards.

but got a new problem now, everytime i put my foot on the brakes my sidelights come on:down:

any ideas?????

Thanks in advanced

back or front sidelights? Also, when you turn your sidelights on, do the brake lights come on? IF this is the case, you have put the bub in the wrong way. Sounds stupid, but its an easy mistake which we've all made.

Thanks Slim,

Its the front Side lights.....
I'll go check the bulb now and get back to you

Thanks a lot.

Slim your a legend!!!

The guy at the shop had given me a brake light for another car with 3 connectors so just went to halfords and got my own.

Still a bit of a mystery why my front side lights came on when I put my foot on the brakes.

Anyway, thanks for the reply but still got to sort out the hazards. Any ideas anyone???????

Back