Problems with car- stalls

Hi there,

I have a Nissan micra M Reg (1994) just under 1 litre. Done 90k milage.

Anyhow Having a few problems with it. Whilst driving when slowing down it stalls. Also when i stop at traffic lights it feels like its loosing power and stalls. To stop this from happening i usually keep it on 1st gear and rev the engine. This does not happen often but frequently. I feel the car needs a service (changing of oil filter,plugs etc..) just got it off a mate and he has not serviced it for a while. Any cures for this problem?

Just to add on clutch feels a little off aswel esp when i got frmo 1st gear to 2nd.

Hi there, Your stalling problem sounds alot like the common throttle body problem the micra k11's suffer from. To solve this there are some little blobs of solder on a pcb board inside the throttle body. These need to be re-soldered. Search on here or the micra.com.au site for the guide to this(Y).

Hope this is of some help

Flat_out

Say if i don't get this job done will the micra just come to a hault one day or will the problem still continue but car will still run..

Only going to keep the car for 6 months so don't really want to spend to much on it.

TBH mate it doesn't cost you anything but a bit of time and (if you haven't got one) a soldering iron. Now the thing is my old M reg k11 had this same problem when around the same milage and you will get to a point when it become hard or even impossible to start it first thing.

Best trying this and if it doesn't fix the issue you haven't spent £££ getting a garage to look it over - plus what happens if this fault occurs when your trying to sell it? :(

Back