problem

E

eclipse

Hm today I tried to wire the amp and the sub in my micra, but there was a problem.. :down:

How do I get the cables from the battery to the passenger compartment (or how is that called in english :D) I have a nissan micra 1992...

If my memory serves me correctly, there should be two rubber caps on the drivers side (on left hand drive) - behind the coil that would have held the air conditioning unit, you can take one of them off (or drill a hole in it) and behind it is the insulation from the interior.

I used one of these holes to wire in my tachometer :)

Hope that made sense, I'll try and get a picture tomorrow morning :)

Yeah, there should be a little rubber cover the bulkhead, if you pull that off it reveals a hole leading into the passenger compartment, just behind the glove box, its easy to find if you stick a long screwdriver in first, just so you can then get inside and see where the wire will be coming from!

Ok, thanks. I'll work on it in a couple of days, and we'll then see if I got it right :D

James: feel free to post a picture of it :)

RE: problem - wheres the hole?

Forgive for being dim here, but I am stuck on this too. Just got my sub/amp and was going to wire it in but could see how to get the wire from the battery to the passenger compartment.

So I am came on here, to ask the question. I saw this thread and thought, yes, sounds easy!! But alas I still cant figure it out.

I have a 1999 1.3 micra, where do I put that wire?

Pictures would be most appreciated.

Right - open the bonnet and the battery is on the right hand side. Now look behind the battery on the bulkhead, you should find a couple of rubber bungs. Remove these and you'll see the firewall inside the car.

Now pass the power cable through one of the rubber bungs, and through the hole. Remove the glovebox inside the car, pull up the carpet (remove the plastic in the corner of the footwell along with the rubber door seal) and reach up to pull the power cable through.

Sorted - hopefully!

Back