Problem with starting

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Well finally got the girlfriends car all back together, it cranks, has spark, fuel, but not starting, anyone have any ideas on what it is?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Nothing was, the engine was busted, got another from Rudy and just swapped over dizzy and gearbox off the old engine, and put a new set of plugs, oil and filter and fuel filter

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Nah, using the existing loom that was in the girlfirends car, and the timing is good, checked it before putting it in, maybe the dizzy is out a little?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"The plugs are dry"</div>

sounds like a fuel problem, if the pump is working disconnect fuel rail and see if fuel is getting to there, if not work your way back

Ran out if time this weekend was going to do that next weekend

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Well still doesn't run, I put 10litres of fresh fuel in it, added an liqimoly injection clean, found an earth wire not connected -.- connected it, still doesn't run, fuel pump works, fuel pumps from the tank to the rail, any thoughts?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I plugged the plugs out and inspected down the hole, there was fuel build up on the pistons

Yeah no luck

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"I plugged the plugs out and inspected down the hole, there was fuel build up on the pistons

and the plugs were dry ?? nah, i dont buy that
if it was a runner before you fitted it, and you,ve only changed the dizzy then somethings not fitted right.
the most common mistakes are the small dizzy plug swapped with the coolant sensor plug, or the fuelpipes fitted the wrong way round

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"I plugged the plugs out and inspected down the hole, there was fuel build up on the pistons"</div>

and the plugs were dry ?? nah, i dont buy that

if it was a runner before you fitted it, and you,ve only changed the dizzy then somethings not fitted right.

the most common mistakes are the small dizzy plug swapped with the coolant sensor plug, or the fuelpipes fitted the wrong way round

The plugs have fuel marks on then, what I have listed is what I have done today, and it's the 1.3 only has one large plug for the dizzy, yeah checked he they were with my micra

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Then maybe the earthlead was the problem and it,s now flooded ?

But you will have to purge it before it will start, with 30secs of full throttle cranking and a pump fuse removed

What will that do?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

What will that do?"</div>

it dumps the residual fuel pressure and blows the excess fuel out the cyl,s

Then after 30secs, put the fuse back in and should start up?

Back