Pressure regulating valve? slamming

Robb

Site Supporter
Im attempting to fit lower springs on my my micra and i thought id start at the back.

One thing i dont get is the pressure regulating valve, i know what it does but i cant be 100% on where it is or how to remove it. (that is if you need to to do the swap).

The haynes manual mentions it but im sure it doesnt actually say how to disconnect it.

Is it necessary to remove it if im just changing the springs or can i get away with just disconnecting the shock and panhard rod?

sounds like youre referring to the brake bias...if you are, i unbolted one end when i ftted my springs just to be on the safe side...plus as youre dropping the car by i guess 35mm the rear brake bias would benefit from a little adjusting anyway, to enable the correct rear brake pressure...

i set it up a little "softer" so the brakes would come on a little easier, as the lowered suspension reduces body roll which is whats required to operate the rear brakes.

just dont alter it too much as the rears could lock up and cause an accident...so watch what youre doing :) if in doubt, just reset the bias to how it mentions in the haynes...or leave it connected when fitting the springs.

It alters teh amount of braking force that the rear brakes get when the car is loaded/empty.
You can't remove it.
IIRC it is on the left-hand side, just before teh rear wheel.
Best soluion is to adjust it up as the car will 'think' that it is heavier than it is and you can lo the rear wheels, which is very, very bad,
Craig

:p lame.

Just so yo no i left it on, just finished lowering it all! Phew! Will go for a run now.

I have read somewhere im sure that you can get away with not adjusting it if your only dropping by 35mm which i have.

Oh well i'll have to go see :)

Back