Too much pressure in valve cover

CMF_Michiel

» CMF Member
Hi,

Since I have build a T20 turbo on my 1.3 K11 there's too much pressure on the valve cover. There is oil comming out at the gasket of the valve cover.

I have found on some other sites that it may come from the PCV valve which is shut down by the turbo pressure.
On a N/A engine the engine sucks air and opens the valve, on a turbo engine the turbo blows air into the intake manifold and also the PCV valve...
Now I have while driving on boost, too much pressure in the valve cover.
How can I reduce the pressure or open the PCV valve?
Or can I connect something different?

I have already one of the crankcase vents connected to the air intake next to the air filter.

Actually I want to wait to buy a thicker head gasket, because I think it can be solved in another way?

Please let me know.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
do you have your crankcase vent plumbed into your air intake, its is important you do this i think to keep the vacuum. maybe more so on forced engine. and definately not have a mini filter on the end of the hose.

smidge

» CMF Member
are you sure it needs vacuume? wouldn't the crank case be creativing positive pressure that would push the vapours out the hose?

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i to seem to be having an oil leak in this area. i though the rubber gasket wasnt on properly or something. i have an oil/air seperater similar to ciscos (ex-cisco's lol) put the problem is still there. its going in to be looked at this month and to finish off the turbo conversion.

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
You may consider running a PCV hose bleed off with filter.
Also have you got good cond valve stem seals? When on Compression and Power strokes pressurised ports can have blow by on Turbo engines due to wear in the valve stem seals.. which can result in excessive crank case pressure. .
Any smoke?

Back