Power booster differences

CMF_DJW

» CMF Member
I am showing my age I meant "Brake Booster"
Power Booster was slang for Vacuum assisted brakes.
Can any one tell me the differences between the brake boosters fitted on LX and Super S . Do the have the same bore size.
Thanks

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
fatter booster, same outside diameter, used with 4w disc and abs brake system, used with abs master cylinder which has 2 outlets versus the 4 with the non abs, got one here in the shed, never ended up installing it, don't know where you measure bore, are you asking if non/abs m/cylinder fits abs booster? have you fitted a disc ass-end?

ps I'm friggen old too

CMF_DJW

» CMF Member
I am about to fit a disk brake rear end without abs into my lx. I have all parts from a super s which is no more. Was more interested in knowing if the non abs booster & master cylinder would cope with disk brake rear end.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I've got a disc rear end too, sitting in the shed. I'm running N14 front brakes with a std system, with no real noticeable difference. Just with the assurance that if I go into the mountains for a run I wont experience brake fade.
After talking to a mechanic I decided if I wanted more/improved brakes I would need more rubber on the road, so I have changed from 165's to 185's
I still intend to fit the disc ass end, more for pretty factor than anything else, my only concern is the brake bias between front and back using the drum brake master cylinder?, maybe someone more in the know might like to comment?

Back