Possible MAF issue

For a few weeks my K11 X reg had very little power on a cold start and getting up to 30 was a struggle, but then it would sort itself out after a couple of mins. Yesterday it was a lot worse so I found it out it was probably the MAF. Took it off and there was no dirt on it or anything, got a cheap new one off eBay (not a Bosch one). Car seemed fine last night when I fitted it but the engine was already warm. Only problem was that whenever I turned the blowers on, when I turned them off the engine stalled.

I went to start this morning and it started first time, although it did splutter a bit. The problem with lack of power/kangarooing had gone. I stopped the engine and then went to start again and most of the time it wouldn't start unless I gave it some gas.

Do you think it's worth buying a genuine Bosch MAF sensor directly from Nissan?

Do a search its being covered before. basically the soldered joints inside the maf have dryed all you need to do is remove the panel protecting the electronics and reheat the joints with a soldering iron. Job done(Y)

Baz

Mine has the removable MAF sensor so I don't think resoldering is an option is it? I opened it up and there was a circuit board that had some sort of gel covering on it and no signs of any solder.

I had similar probs, done the soldering, cleaned the points in the distributor cap but still never sorted the prob. What did sort it out was adjusting the distributor itself. Just loosened the 2 bolts, started the engine and slowly turned the distributor clockwise until the engine sounded good and was idling right. Tightened the bolts up took for a drive and was like a new car.

I think the guy before me must of changed the distributor and not set it right.

Anyway might not help but worth checking your ignition system.

I had similar probs, done the soldering, cleaned the points in the distributor cap but still never sorted the prob. What did sort it out was adjusting the distributor itself. Just loosened the 2 bolts, started the engine and slowly turned the distributor clockwise until the engine sounded good and was idling right. Tightened the bolts up took for a drive and was like a new car.

I think the guy before me must of changed the distributor and not set it right.

Anyway might not help but worth checking your ignition system.

Wtf , did you use a timing light?

Nope but im guessing buy your post i should. It was my local scrappy that said that (kinda didnt mention the timing light). my dads got one i go over his tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Back