Possible blown headgasket

Whilst driving my K12 into town, the coolant temperature soared and the car began to overheat, and a minute later when I was turning into a side-road to park the car and check the engine the car began to lose power and slow down even with my foot on the accelerator. The coolant was steaming in the header tank and the car will not turn over. And on a side note the battery only lasts 3 or 4 cranks before its dead :(

Is this a case of a blown headgasket or a faulty thermostat or something of the sort? And is the battery just shot or is the alternator not charging the battery?

Further notes on the engine ....

• The engine will now not turn over at all. It lurches forward and then does nothing, but I'm nearly 100% sure this is the battery being dead, however I'll check on that fact.
•There IS oil in the engine, roughly half level if not a little more than half.
•The radiator cooling fan was not on the engine at the time because I didn't think it needed to be refitted .... it's now refitted haha :p
•The coolant is completely topped up.

Alright alright, Frank, I get it. We learn from our mistakes and we move one haha who'd honestly have thought it'd be a 20*C day on the Isle of Man?? :O but surely if the engine was lubricated sufficiently it wouldn't have melted, would it? Unless the oil had begun to burn .... but the dipstick looked normal to me

Back