possiable air lock in heater matrix ?

my car froze over christmas but thanks to the big guy upstairs the engine is ok but now seem to have a air lock in the system somewhere how can i remove this as car is runny fine but seems to have little or no heat inside the car any ideas all help welcome thanks

in the trade we rev them with heater controls set to hot, until the pipes at your bulkhead under bonnet are hot. Leave the top off your rad while you do this. If you still cant bleed it try putting the top back on the rad and remove one of your matrix hoses and back bleed it with a watering can spout etc until the pressure forces water out of the matrix pipe on the bulkhead.
We use a vaccuum bleeder at work much easier.
hope that helps.
ben

Open the bonnet

Check that the coolant level is ok

Start car

put the heater control to hot

run at fast idle until the tempreture gauge reads half way

blip the throttle when the fan cuts in to take it off choke

CAREFULLY touch each hose in turn (THEY SHOULD BE HOT)

check the two going into the car at the bulkhead (BOTH SHOULD BE HOT)

only one hot and its still not warm in the car (Change the thermostat)

K10 dont require the system to be blead but K11 have blead bolts GA engines also have Bleed Bolts at the top on the manifold and on the side of the head

When the radiator cap is off rather than feel the hoses give them all a squeeze.
Leave the engine running until the engine cooling fan comes on then put the radiator cap back on.
If the heater still won't work, let it cool and try again. Failing that you could be looking at a blockage.

Another thing to try, perhaps not in your case but to anyone else with heater problems is make sure the thing on the side of the heater moves all the way round when you set the control to hot. I'm pretty sure its behind the trim panel on the end of the centre console next to the clutch pedal.

No there not, The GA is also in the 100nx, and a rear wheel drive version was in the Serena.

Yep your right Scott, was not really thinking there (oops) Just pointing out that K10's dont have problems being bleed than other engines used by Nissan

thanks Dave

Back