Porting Sub Box

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hello

Ive got my phoenix gold subs working and they're very very loud! However they're both sharing the same air inside this box (not seperated down the middle into there own compartments)

I was wondering, is this likely to cause any problems? When you push on one cone, the other one comes out - and vice versa. Are they fighting against each other when they are running? Trying to use the same air?

I've got 4 images of how the box looks, and what im considering doing to it - or - should i leave it alone. Your advice and opinions on how it looks etc is apprechiated.

26-Box1.JPG

15-box2.JPG

28-box3.JPG

19-box4.JPG

You wouldnt have enough space if you ported them in the existing box.

And what your talking about is perfectly normal, it actually aids them both and increases their power handling and performance :).

They are perfectly fine as they are!

Edit: And port design is also slightly more complicated than cutting holes o_O - so best to stick to sealed!

Cheers Pete, knew you wouldnt let me down!

i'l let you have a play with my settings at santa pod.. that quad song turned alot of heads today driving through Horsham! You could see the rear window shaking so much, i couldnt work out cars etc behind me in the mirror!

Retepetsir said:
Edit: And port design is also slightly more complicated than cutting holes o_O - so best to stick to sealed!

hehe, i've got some funnel shape things from an old pre-made off the shelf sub box and was considering using those. Wasnt going to just stick a hole in it :p

Arnold said:
that quad song turned alot of heads today driving through Horsham! You could see the rear window shaking so much, i couldnt work out cars etc behind me in the mirror!

I've since worked out its the interior mirror that shakes which is why its impossible to make out anything behind me!

This is a picture taken yesterday!! got quite an audience

8.Crowd.jpg

:love: :love:

Back