"pop" noise

B

Blue Dragon

Just put my amps back and wired up everything, but i have come across a problem. When i turn the volume knob from 0 > there is a loud 'pop' noise that comes out of the speakers (more louder out of the left speaker). When i switch off the ignition the loud pop happens again. When i remove the phono for the left speaker it stops but its never happened before so i don't really know if it is the phono lead or remote wire, or a problem with the speaker wiring?

Can anyone help me on this - thanks!

im not sure but i think you might have the +v2 and -ve the wrong way round, im probably talking nonsense but when i installed my sub i done this and had same problems, just swapped wires round - better wait and see what the likes of pete say etc coz i blew my amp twice :D

sounds like something is shorting out i had this problem before on a tweeter on a brand new tino i found a tweeter wire had be caught and shorting on the body causing a pop noise and then smoke came out of the radio

Definatly earthing out in my opinion.

left speaker as in the doorcard?

Simply pop the speaker out and makes sure the connectors re insulated. Wrap some electricians tape around the ends for double security

only time mine does it is when its pretty loud and i start engine up when the subs are already playing.

Thanks for your replies!

Fordy, that could be the case with the speaker as I have just replaced the front two! Sketch, it is the passenger side speaker. I'll take out the speaker and wrap some black tape round the connections, but as you were saying Retepetsir, i think i have to get a thicker cable for the earth, but does it matter if other cables are getting their earth from the same earth position as i am using for the amp's or should i get a new position for the amp's?

Back