Alternator Noise!

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
guys how u get rid of alternator noise...or so thats what i been told it is. basically hear the engine rev's through the speakers.
also its grounded properly
tried some things from maplin such as the ground isolater which connected to the power wire no help
tried the inline shark rca ground loop isolators no help (tried 2 of them at the same time on both rca)
even wired power down one side n speaker/rca down the other
hmmm what else im running
2 amps one bass
one 6x9 n fronts
pioneer hu

need any more info jsut post :)

i think thats yur problem mate ,,jus interfierence from rca leads try running them down the car a different way,make sure they are connected properly,they could be getting interfience from behind the head unit,touching chasis,anything metal,keep away from other wires,

mine had this ,but it was just a bad connection,

how do i replace suppressor is alternator same on a 96 micra to a 2000 micra? n also the alt belt does it matter how tight it is on or just as long as it on?

Heh, I've got alternator noise as well and 'cos mine's a CVT Micra I can hear the clutch fannying about too :D
I got a cheaparsed CD/mp3/radio from Maplin (a Shark one) and I'm wondering if there's a fairly easy way to get rid of the noise (i.e. no soldering and preferably no cutting up the wiring loom). I noticed when I was putting it in is that the new radio takes an input for a 'power antenna'... but the car doesn't have one (whatever one is), does that have owt to do with it? I'm also using a 4 speaker output radio in a 2 speaker car and I get noise regardless of whether it's playing a CD or the radio. Another possible contributing factor is that the radio was on sale :D
I remember being able to hear the clutch on the stock radio, if that's any help.

I actually have the noise when i rev aswell...But i dont even have sound coming out of the speakers?

I have an amp to my 6x9s, everything is wired up. When the car is on, i can just hear a quiet little humming...when im driving, i can hear it revving with my car..wierd..

u should have started a new thread instead of posting in this REALLY old one.....

btw if your car is a 1.3 then you have a k11

How come you dont have sound coming through the speakers? Start a new thread mate.

Back