Pollen Filter 1993 Micra

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Do the older k11's have a pollen filter if so where is this allocated, because you can buy them but I've not come across one in my car? lol

I think some did, and some didn't. I think the aircon ones didn't come with them, but non-aircon models did. But mine (1998, so only 5 year difference), does have one, despite it originally having aircon (I removed it, and kept the pollen filter as I have hayfever). The filter normally either on top of the blower unit or between the blower and evaporator (A/C heat exchanger) and the heater box. Sometimes there are two tabs that say pull carefully pull upward on those tabs that releases the plastic rectangle shaped door. Remember the old filter has everything your allergic to stuck to it. Rubber gloves and particle mask might be needed, otherwise you'll get a sneezing fit :laugh:

Hi

Thanks for the reply, see I can see a 98 model having one as there a face lift k11e but I've not seen one on an earlier model or at least not that I'm aware of, mine never has had air con either???

Thanks

Paul

If yours has never had aircon, I think it might have one. I've seen a few pre-facelifts with them, but wasn't sure if they were fitted as standard or they'd bought them and fitted them themselves. I've also just seen that it could actually be in the blower itself, which could mean dashboard out - unless anyone tells you different. I'm not 100% sure though, I'm sure someone else will clarify it for you

Back