Please help with ...

Hi all,

It seems that the big freeze done some damage to my car but I am not sure of it!

I have noticed the intermittent of wiper is not working and screen wash is also coming out. Initially I thought the screen wah is run out but after filing it up today it did work either.

Any suggestions and/or advice on where to look for what and how test and fix please.

Regards

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi all,

It seems that the big freeze done some damage to my car but I am not sure of it!

I have noticed the intermittent of wiper is not working and screen wash is also coming out. Initially I thought the screen wah is run out but after filing it up today it did work either.

Any suggestions and/or advice on where to look for what and how test and fix please.

Regards

What year is your car? On pre facelifts there is a black box beside the wiper motor in the engine bay which is the wiper relay. Pull one from a scrapyard and see if it fixes that problem.

Is the washer motor running or not. If it is, then the pipe is probably blocked. If it's not running then try and find a broken wire or something like that which would stop it.

What year is your car? On pre facelifts there is a black box beside the wiper motor in the engine bay which is the wiper relay. Pull one from a scrapyard and see if it fixes that problem.

Is the washer motor running or not. If it is, then the pipe is probably blocked. If it's not running then try and find a broken wire or something like that which would stop it.
Thanks LiamC,

The car is 2nd facelift with with w reg.

How to test screen washer motor?

If the relay on wiper is broken why it only affected the intermittent option?

Regards

Thanks LiamC,

The car is 2nd facelift with with w reg.

How to test screen washer motor?

If the relay on wiper is broken why it only affected the intermittent option?

Regards

Right, facelifts don't have that relay box. The intermittent is controlled by the stalk itself so try a replacement one from a scrapyard

You will hear the washer motor very easily, a mix of a loud motor and bad sound proofing.

Back